Saturday, January 19, 2013

10 Minute Craft Dash #10


I thought I'd play along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash #10, which was to create a card in less than 10 minutes, using pink, grey and green (see cute banner above.)

Well, I selected my supplies and theme, having chosen to make a travel card and started...

And well, let's just say that 10 minutes goes by really quickly! It was an Epic Fail. I'd surpassed the 10 minute mark and decided that since I'd already gone over on the time, that I was going to add stitching and buttons, too. ;)

Here's the card that I made:



I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (spring moss, sweet blush), stamps (road trip), buttons and twine. The patterned paper is Teresa Collins.

Since I figured that I was eliminated from the Craft Dash since my time was so much over (is there a 20-25 minute craft dash out there somewhere?), I'd make some packaging for it for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: How to Package Cards with Oversized Embellishments.


I sewed together two pieces of paper from my Teresa Collins 6x6 pad and added a couple of Road Trip stamps to the front.



AND..... because I don't like not succeeding at a challenge.... I decided to try again.

This time, I decided to make a love note card, using my Mama Elephant Type It stamp set. I also used some Papertrey Ink cardstock (sweet blush), which I diecut with a PTI heart prints die, to which I added some Martha Stewart glitter.


And my time on this one...


I was done at around 7min 30 seconds and decided that I could probably add the stitching. A little stressful, but I got it done! Success!

Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Kara said...

2 great cards!! i have to try mine today. The stitching was the right choice...finishes it so beautifully!

Taheerah said...

I am so in love with your first card Leigh - I think it's because the colour combo is so unusual for the images you've used but it totally works!!! The packaging is cute too, and so is that second card!! I would never be able to do this challenge!!

Karen C. said...

These are both great, Leigh. The travel card has so many details .... I would still be working on that one!! (I'm a very slow crafter!!) Congrats on meeting the 10 minute challenge on your second card ... still has a lot of details and the stitching was well worth the extra few minutes to create the final look.

Carolanne said...

These are so great! Love stitching on paper:-) Great idea for the envelope! Perfect!

Joyce said...

Both are great cards. I am super impressed at how speedy you are.

Terri said...

They are both great. I especially like the second one. I think the stitching looks great. Way to go for getting to done so fast.

Luanne said...

Love them both! And stitching to boot, great job!

Michelle said...

Leigh, I was thinking you'd made that first card in 10 minutes, and feeling completely inadequate, LOL! I love it, and its matching envelope. The 10 minute card is really sweet, and the stitching is the perfect finishing touch. I must pull out my sewing machine and give it a go (I think this every time I look at one of your cards). :-)

Tracey McNeely said...

Wow Leigh you rocked the craft dash, with stitching and under 10 minutes. Fantastic!

Linda Nicholson said...

No way could I ever even consider entering into a timed challenge and expect it to look somewhat good (unless I use images and things that I have precolored and fussy cut out).

Super cute card and packaging! I just love your clean style!

Linda

Lindsey said...

Love both cards, Leigh! Both different, but both fantastic. And I have to let you know, I can't remember where I was (maybe retro sketches?), but I saw a card and thought to myself "That looks like something Leigh would make." I looked under the card, and there was your name. :) Apparently I visit here often enough that I not only love, but recognize your work other places.

Paulina said...

Your first card is fabulous. The use of the colors, the stitching, the buttons....all of this make for a beautiful card!

Your second card is equally amazing- fantastic use of the colors, Leigh. I'm so impressed you got such perfect stitching done within the time limit! You totally rock at my challenge!

Thank you for playing in the 10 Minute Craft Dash. I always love seeing your name pop up in the link widget! :)

Sanketi said...

Lovely cards all of them!!!!!

Jenny said...

Leigh, you inspire me with every post! These are both great cards and the colors are so sweet. Your 10 Min. Craft Dash cards always amaze me!