Thursday, January 17, 2013

MIM #100



Just stopping in today to post a card and packaging that I created for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: How to Package Cards with Oversized Embellishments.

I thought this was a neat challenge, since I usually just put mine in a larger envelope. ;)

For my card, everything I used is Papertrey Ink, except for the patterned paper (which is My Mind's Eye). I stamped the flowers from The Sweet Life onto the diecuts and adhered them to my card using dimensional adhesive on some. I stamped the sentiment from Beautiful Butterflies, which was a little tricky because of the texture of the patterned paper. The twine, buttons and stitching finish it off.


So, because the flowers hangover the edge & the buttons create bulk, I created some packaging for it. Dawn used some glassine bags on her post, but I didn't have any large enough for my card, so I used a paper lunch bag. I sewed it up and then trimmed off the bottom & the top with some pinking shears. I added a some of the same MME patterned paper that was on my card, diecut with the largest Mat Stack 6 die. I added some more Sweet Life stamped diecuts and voilĂ ! Coordinating packaging for my card!


Thanks for looking!

22 comments:

Linda Nicholson said...

Oh My Gorgeous! That patterned paper is perfect for this card! Your colors are just perfect...so pretty and soft! Love the packaging too! How clever to use a lunch bag. Love how you trimmed it with pinking shears!

I think a lot of us have Sweet Life pulled out because of Dawns gorgeous sample!

Linda

Jenny said...

That is the cutest lunch bag I have ever seen! The pinking detail is great.

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful card. Love that pattern paper. Those buttons really blend well with the flowers and background. Great envie too!

Joni Andaya said...

Love your card Leigh, love the new mat stack :)

Joyce said...

Great job on the card and matching bag!

Tracey McNeely said...

Very creative Leigh, sewing a paper bag is brilliant!

Taheerah said...

Leigh, this is *stunning*!! What inks did you use for the roses? I really need to know! :-)

Marcia Hill said...

The card is absolutely beautiful and I LOVE the lunch bag idea...smart thinking! :0)

Alanna said...

This is stunning. I'm so glad I ordered this set on my last order

Tracy said...

As always Leigh - gorgeous! that stamp set is one of my favorites and you've just made such a beautiful card and bag

Unknown said...

Love your card and packaging!

craftmates said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the muted colours. Such pretty flowers. Love your packaging, clever!- Irma

tonyamaries said...

Leigh these are gorgeous! That bag is great!

Luanne said...

Man, this is pretty! I love the colors you used, and the buttons too!

Kelly Griglione said...

A sewn and pinked lunch bag has never looked so pretty!!! LOVE, love!

Linda said...

Very pretty card and great bag to put it in. Love it.

Emma said...

So pretty.the details on this are stunning. I love the addition of the twine and the trio of buttons. This reminds me that I really need to buy a pinking shears, such a cool effect.

victoria h said...

Beautiful card and matching packaging - well done.

Kara said...

so gorgeous..love the bag for this one too!

Lynn said...

Love this idea! Found your blog thru Mama Elephant. congrats on the feature there. I like your style!

DoofyJEss2 said...

Wow wow wow!!! This card is absolutely stunning!! Love the matching packaging!! Would you mind letting me know what inks you used for these flowers? I've been trying to get a proper color combo and I think I need to buy more inks!! I would greatly appreciate your help if you remember!!

Leigh Penner said...


DoofyJEss2, I tried to link to your blogger profile to answer your question, but you don't have an email address or blog listed there, so I'm hoping you'll come back and read the comments.
For these flowers, I stamped them in sweet blush, hibiscus burst and raspberry fizz (all Papertrey Ink inks.)
The leaves were stamped in PTI's Classic Kraft and Dark Chocolate.
Thanks!