Friday, January 25, 2013

Mama Elephant Stamps: Type It & Smitten



I'm back today, showcasing two more stamp sets for Mama Elephant: Type It & Smitten, which are both available for purchase now in the Mama Elephant store.

Type It

Smitten


My first project today features the Type It stamp set. I stamped the little typewriter on some aqua cardstock and cut it out by hand. Then, I stamped the piece of paper and added the quotation marks and heart (I did some masking to make the heart red.)


The background patterned paper is My Mind's Eye, as well as the notebook paper that I diecut. I stamped the typewriter keys in red on red cardstock, but stamped three of them in black Versafine to underscore the meaning of my card.


With the Smitten stamp set, I couldn't resist creating another layout using it (if you missed the layout I made for the Mama Elephant January Stampede, you can click here to check it out). This time, I decided to use a photo of my son, Jonah.


For my layout, I used some Bazzill Kraft cardstock for the background and some Studio Calico patterned paper and cut file. I stamped the "I ♥ this" banner stamp in red and the cool feather stamp (I LOVE this stamp!) in a rusty orange and cut them both out by hand. I added some WRMK washi tape and a My Mind's Eye decorative brad.


To create my title, I cut a piece of red cardstock and added some pattern to it, by stamping all over it with the feather stamp.


Then I used my Silhouette Portrait to cut out my title.


I added a few American Crafts stickers between my words to finish it off. I repeatedly stamped the "sweet sweet sunshine" stamp on a banner that I'd diecut, using 7 different colours of ink, to create an ombre effect.


And, in the bottom left hand corner, I stamped out two more feathers, which I cut out by hand and added a Studio Calico badge.


Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Leigh, you have done such an amazing job with this release. I love all of your layouts and cards! They have been so lucky to have you. :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh your card and layout are fantastic. You amaze me at how much you accomplish and do it so beautifully. I agree with Suzanne, they are lucky to have you!

Taheerah said...

LEigh, I have loved what you've done with your guest spot! Such gorgeous projects, I love this bright layout, it's so happy, and your card is classic you!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

These are both so cute Leigh!!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Great job with the Mama Elephant products, Leigh, you are certainly doing yourself proud! Such a fan of the typewritter (and your colors) - love, love! I can't take my eyes off the cut file on your layout! What a great card that would be too!

Jen said...

oh, how fun!! i love that chevron cut out...is it from the silhouette store? oh, be still my heart!! love it!!

Unknown said...

I adore your layout and card! Those stamps are fabulous, and you do a great job showcasing them!