Thursday, January 03, 2013

A thank you card for my sweet girl

Sage & I have been making some thank you cards this week for family members who gave us gifts for Christmas. She turned to me and asked if I was going to make her a thank you card for the gift she gave me (an adorable Marjolein Bastin notepad-- I love it!) I told her I would, if she made me one as well.

We gave each other our requests.... I told her I wanted a card with glitter and hearts on it. She requested a card from me with flowers, pink and buttons.

For hers, I decided to make a card using use this week's MIM: Chalkboard Technique. I stamped some sentiments from PTI's Strawberry Sentiments set and then added some "bursts" from the free PTI Funky Florals set. I'd also stamped a little strawberry, but it didn't heat emboss well, so I covered it up with a Crate Paper chipboard strawberry and added some PTI buttons and twine.


Sage loved it!

Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

IamDerby said...

Adorable Leigh! Nicely done!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so sweet and I love that she wanted a card from you!

Lisa said...

Your card is so sweet and I love that you and your daughter decided to exchange cards!

Helen F. said...

Love your daughter's card, Leigh. Isn't this technique so fun? Pretty pink touches and your sentiment is really "berry" sweet :)

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful Thank you note! I am sure your daughter loves it!
:)

Jen Carter said...

This is adorable Leigh!! I love it!

Michelle said...

Don't you love when you can cover an embossing glitch with a cute embellishment? :-) Your card is so sweet, I love it!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a sweet mother daughter memory Leigh, your card for your daughter and MIM is beautiful.

Joyce said...

What a great idea to make cards with Sage. Your card is so pretty, and I love how those bursts look as a chalkboard.

Kara said...

love it!! when can we see her card to you??

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely card. You nailed that challenge.

Luanne said...

So "sweet"! I'm really into pink and black right now, I just love these together!

Jann Gray said...

So pretty and FRESH! I love the "sparkles" and the little pop of color! Beautiful!

Geri said...

Sweet, Leigh...I'm sure she loved it!