Saturday, January 26, 2013

AEI♥U -- January

Today, I want to share the card that I made for January AEI♥U challenge, which was to create a card using this photo for inspiration:


I love those striped rain boots --I think they're adorable!

I was inspired by the design of the photos (the large pop of red near the top, the stripes, the grey background) as well as the colours. Here's my card:


I started by layering some Echo Park patterned paper over some PTI smokey shadow cardstock. Since I don't have an Avery Elle stamps (yet!), I used the pretty digital stamp that Avery Elle supplied for the challenge. I printed it out onto PTI pure poppy cardstock and cut it out by hand. I needed a birthday card, though, so I decided to layer a Simon Says Stamp diecut over top, on which I stamped with PTI's Movers & Shakers Sentiments. I added some grey Offfray ribbon as well as some PTI buttons & twine and some stitching to finish it off.

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Taheerah said...

Gorgeous card Leigh - I love your sideways bow and the red sentiment panel and frame - and those grey stripes remind me of awesome vintage wallpaper!

Leah said...

So pretty Leigh! You nailed the overall feeling and colors of the inspiration photo, just lovely!

Unknown said...

Love the stripes!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Leigh, the grey is stunning. Congrats on your Blog Hop win! Yay!

Elena said...

lovely card, and um, where'd you get that owl? hee.

Jen said...

Oh, I love it!!!

Darnell said...

I'm a talker. But when I'm gobsmacked, I don't have words. I don't have words.

Camilla said...

Wauwwwwwe this is really awesome. Love that color combo

Avery Elle said...

Leigh, This is so pretty. I love your placement of the digi-stamp and bow. Just beautiful!

Angie said...

What an elegant card you created with the satin ribbon and the wide stripes. Love it!