Sunday, January 20, 2013

100 weeks of inspiration


Every Friday on her blog, Kara posts an inspiration file. I have been included a few times in her file and I have to say, it has been a thrill to be chosen!

This week, she's celebrating 100 weeks of inspiration and has issued a challenge to choose something from the file and create a project, using it as inspiration.

I decided to choose this layout as inspiration to create a layout of my own. I was inspired by the white hearts cut out on a Silhouette and backed with patterned paper, and layered on a white background. Here's my layout:


I used cut my hearts from white cardstock and then ran through some Crate Paper patterned paper to cut out the hearts. I added some more Crate Paper patterned paper along the side and layered on my photo, a Pink Paislee mistable chipboard heart (inked in PTI pure poppy) and a banner (PTI's double ended banner die), stamped with a Mama Elephant stamp (Type It).


For my journaling, I diecut some patterned paper with a PTI half & half die and stamped it with my favourite sentiment from PTI's On the Farm. The tab gets pulled out to reveal the journaling:


Thanks to Kara for issuing this fun challenge, and for being so generous in sharing what inspires her!

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Elena said...

Love! The bakckground of hearts looks so fantastic!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh your layout is stunning!

Kara said...

Ohhhh, I knew you'd make something gorgeous!! Loved Jen's layout and yours is just as beautiful!! The papers you chose have such great patterns and colors! I never tire of seeing pics of your sweet kids too!

Taheerah said...

Lovely layout Leigh. I love all the different patterned hearts! Your journalling is so heartfelt and sweet too!

Michelle said...

Beautiful, Leigh!

Suzanne said...

This is just so beautiful, Leigh! I love how you trimmed and layered the pink paper on the right - the arches in the pattern are set so perfectly. And the chipboard heart is fabulous.

craftmates said...

What a great layout! Love the hearts with the patterned papers.- Irma

Kristie Goulet said...

Lovely layout! The hearts are great!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fun page! Love the bg hearts

Jill Norwood said...

Love all the love in this layout Leigh!!! And love the cards I saw in my new issue of CARDS too! Gorgeous my dear! :)Jill

Michelle said...

Hmm, good job! This is really something!