Tuesday, January 08, 2013

A layout & coordinating card

I wanted to share a layout and a card that I made today.

Firstly, I was inspired by a January Quote challenge that was posted at Love is in the Details.


We were challenged to create a project using this photo as inspiration. I wasn't sure what I wanted to quote, personally, but as I was baking cookies this morning for my family, Even If by Kutless came on my playlist and I knew that these were the lyrics that I wanted to include in a layout. I decided to create some subway art on my cameo and this is what I came up with:


I wanted to also create this layout for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink. However, I chose my patterned paper first (I thought this large floral by Kaiser Kraft would be perfect for the subway art title). No  problem, I thought.... I'd just choose a colour scheme to match. Well, this turned out to be easier said than done, because each of Nichole's colour schemes included summer sunrise.... which wouldn't really suit the tone of my layout.

So, I ended up picking this colour scheme...

... but I substituted Canyon Clay for Summer Sunrise and Ocean Tides for Lemon Tart. (I hope this is okay!)

I pulled out my new Embroidered Blooms set by PTI and stamped some lovely leaves, to which I added some stamped buttons using PTI's Button Boutique stamps and dies. Here's a close-up of the buttons at the bottom of the page...


And the little "take note" (from PTI's On the Farm) was stamped on some PTI rustic cream cardstock diecut with a Half & Half die for my journaling. I ran the whole thing through my Big Shot with my PTI Woodgrain IP at an angle so it would all fit-- I really like how it turned out!


And, since I had a couple of trial runs with the stamping, I decided to make a card right away, too. This time, I used the same colour scheme, but I used a Lovely Layers die and stamp for my little flowers, to which I added some PTI buttons with PTI twine.


Thanks for looking!

19 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Both really beautiful Leigh!

Kara said...

sooo pretty!!

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful Leigh. You have inspired me to want that stamp set you did an amzing job with it.

Marcia Hill said...

Your page layout and card are both simply stunning! And I know what you mean about certain songs speaking to you, and what a beautiful way to showcase that! :0)

Amy Papale said...

Such a pretty card and I love your layout too!

Tracy said...

the layout is beautiful but i gotta say i'm in love with the card :-) so pretty. i love the colors and the layout - wonderful job

carol (krillsister) said...

Yoru layout page is fabulous. Love your subway art.
That pattern paper is beautiful too!
Love all the details, especially the woodgrain impression on the journaling.
Pretty card.

Leah said...

Both are just so striking and beautiful! I love that song...it really speaks into my life too. The best news is that even if healing doesn't come here in this life, it IS coming....and for good:)

Joyce said...

Great card and scrapbook page.

Miriam Prantner said...

What a wonderful layout! I love the subway art, and love that you scrapped yourself!

Marlena M. said...

BEAUTIFUL projects Leigh. Lovely photo of you!

Luanne said...

So cute! I love your sweet card and the layout is awesome too!

Nancy Penir said...

Both beautiful. The wording is inspirational, and love the layout

Suzanne Russell said...

Both are beautiful, Leigh! Love your heart for the Lord! : ) Happy new year to you and your family.

Inkyfingers said...

Great projects Leigh and I love what you did with the Cameo. Reminds me to stop neglecting mine!

craftmates said...

Both beautiful Leigh!-Irma

Kelly Griglione said...

Leigh, love it!!! Your subway art turned out so well! My favorite detail? The sideways woodgrain impression plate! Never, ever thought of doing that! I actually just posted a card that was too long for the woodgrain and just left the "lip" on it. Good to know, good to know.

Donna said...

I love your layout, Leigh (as I do everything you create)...So much that I even downloaded the song. I love the way you incorporate stamps onto your layouts. You are so creative!!!

Nicole Parmentier said...

I love them both! There is so much detail but perfectly balanced. Beautiful!