Friday, January 11, 2013

A few more substitutions

I created another coordinating layout and card for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Repeats & Rainbows. However, once again, I made a couple of substitutions.... okay, well, three of them.

I started with this colour combination:

But I swapped out Hibiscus Burst, Simply Chartreuse and Blueberry Sky for Autumn Rose, Melon Berry and Spring Moss.

Here's the layout I made, using some My Mind's Eye patterned paper (this is where I got my colours from):


For my rainbow and repeats, I chose the compass stamp from my PTI Road Trip set.


For my title, I stamped my cardstock with the map stamp in PTI's Road Trip and then cut it out with my Silhouette Portrait. And here's a close-up of my journaling:


And, for my card, using the same colour scheme and technique, I chose to use my PTI Pretty Peonies stamp set. It's hard to see, but I stamped over the flowers with PTI's Text Style I, in a light grey (A Muse Studio Pebble). I stamped my sentiment from Think Big Favourites #7.


I'm also entering this card for the Moxie Fab World Challenge to make your own background paper.

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Cindy Lee said...

How lovely!!

Joyce said...

Very pretty. I had forgotten all about that compass stamp, and now I am seeing it everywhere!

craftmates said...

Beautiful layout and card. Love how you made patterned paper with the peonies set. - Irma

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautifully done...

Leah said...

So pretty, love the sweet LO of Sage and the card is just lovely.

Lindsey said...

You are amazing...seriously, where do you find the time?

Taheerah said...

Really pretty layout and card Leigh! I love the layout in particular!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Leigh! Thanks for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)