Friday, January 04, 2013

Five for Friday

1. I wanted to share one last Christmas project today.... the "place cards" that I made for our Christmas dinner on the 26th...


I used my Silhouette Portrait and some adhesive vinyl to cut out names to adhere to Christmas decorations. I placed one on each plate.



I was pleased with how this turned out!


2. Christmas is officially over.... the tree is down! We took it down, along with all of the other decorations yesterday and then cleaned the living room. These two lost interest after a while and started looking through my scrapbooking albums. They were reading the journaling out loud and enjoying themselves immensely. Sigh... this just made me so happy!



3. A few of the layouts reminded me that I haven't taken an individual or group photos of the kids in a while, so I told them we were going to play "photo shoot." ;) I got a few nice ones...








4. For Christmas, I gave Cameron a tin school bus that I thought would be fun to display in our living room. I was thinking that I could get some tall houses to display with it..... and then I remembered this photo that had been on the Moxie Fab World blog recently:


It inspired me to make this, on top of our shelving unit:


I can't decide if it needs anything else or not, but as is, it makes me very happy!



5. I wanted to share another card that I had made several months ago for World Card Making Day...


I used PTI cardstock, stamps (think big favourites) and the dresses were made with a combination of Hanging Out dies and the little Christmas tree in LLH:Holidays. A few fun accents to decorate the dresses..... and voilĂ !

Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

IamDerby said...

I love your vinyl work leigh! The school bus scene is delightful! Your son with the glasses is a dead ringer for you! Wow like looking at you but the boy version! Beautiful kids you have!

Tara Elias said...

What a great little school bus, and love what you did with it. Completely inspired by your placecards! I would love to try this in the future. Thanks for sharing!

merryf said...

I LOVE the photo of your son laughing. It is so spontaneous and loving, with Sage's arms around both of them. So beautiful!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love your placecard idea! If you were having a dinner party they could be party favors too, and that tin bus is fantastic, I love it!

- elbeth - said...

What a great post! I really love love love your Christmas decorations! And I have to say that your way of using the Hanging out dies is the best I've seen!

Elena said...

Love it all! Your kids are so cute, it always puts a smile on my face to see pictures of them.....and that school bus! I need one of those! Have a great weekend, Leigh!

carol (krillsister) said...

What lovely place cards. The vinyl was a good idea.
Awesome shots of your kids too!.
Love the bus
Gorgeous card. Very feminine.

Linda Nicholson said...

Gorgeous photos of your kids (what do you do to get your kids to pose like that...share your secret please?)

Love the ornaments (I am telling myself that I do not need an electronic cutter)!

And I would say that you nailed the card! It shows your style perfectly!

Linda

craftmates said...

Lovely place cards! Lovely photos of the kids too!- Irma

Laurie said...

Everything looks amazing!

Kara said...

love all 5!! nice to see your kids enjoying your scrapbooks and each other!! the home decor project turned out great. love those place card ornaments!

Tracy said...

i'm still catching up reading posts - i love seeing all your fabulous creations - but i had to stop and say those ornament placecards are beautiful - and i may get to make something now that Santa (husband LOL) brought me a Silhouette portrait for Christmas! Anyway - loved the pics of your kids - such happy faces (mom's face it seems? ;-))and I adore that hello friend card - great combo of papers - love it!

Kelly Griglione said...

You are really rockin' your silhouette, such an inspiration to me! The ornaments and houses are wonderful. And the photo of your kids enjoying the scarpbook album? Priceless!