Saturday, January 05, 2013

Hello, friends

Just popping in this evening to share a card that I made this afternoon, using this week's MIM: Chalkboard Technique.

I decided to get a little creative with this sheet of Heidi Swapp patterned paper and how I cut it up (I'm always puzzled on how to use the 6x6 sheets with borders, if you don't make a 6x6 project.) I stamped the chalkboard technique on a piece of PTI cardstock (ocean tides) with PTI stamps (Think Big favourites #3, stitches and swirls) and then diecut it with my oval dies. I added some PTI buttons and twine.


I hope you're enjoying your weekend. I can't believe that the kids have to go back to school on Monday-- our holidays have flowing by!

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Stunning card Leigh! Love all the elements.
Love how you used that bordered pattern paper.

Miriam Prantner said...

I really like how you used that 6x6 paper and the chalkboard technique looks very cool on that color!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh your chalkboard window is so cute, i love the papers you chose.

Karen C. said...

Very creative use of the oval shape for your chalkboard, Leigh. The striped paper creates a great background for this technique.

Joyce said...

This is a great take on the challenge. I like how the chalkboard looks with the stitches and swirls.

Geri said...

I agree...the bordered 6x6'ers do end up being kinda funny birds don't they? But it was a great idea to use this one this way. Love the little oval chalkboard! I have loved this challenge and seeing what people have done with it. (and I have a new white ink pad on it's way!)

Kara said...

very pretty!!love this!

jw said...

Thanks for the tip on using the 6x6 border paper. I love your oval chalkboard - what a clever idea!

Helen F. said...

Great card, Leigh! Love how you used the bordered PP...thanks for the inspiration to take my papers out of the closet and use 'em ;o)

Lizzie Jones said...

I love the little peek-a-boo of chalkboard on this card, Leigh. Thank you for sharing!

Donna said...

I'm totally inspired by your take on the bordered paper. Will try to remember this!!!