Sunday, January 27, 2013

A sympathy card


A friend from church lost his grandfather this week, so I thought I'd make him a sympathy card. He's a single guy in his late twenties, so I was going for a masculine card. I also made it using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: layered embossing.

I used Papertrey Ink fine linen cardstock and layered some My Mind's Eye patterned paper over top of it. I decided to stamp the tree image from PTI's Love & Marriage in Versamark on some MME barn board patterned paper and heat emboss it with brown sugar Zing embossing powder. Then, I stamped a sentiment from PTI's Botanical Silhouettes over that with Versamark and heat emboss it with black embossing powder. I added some PTI twine and button to finish it off and adhered the panel with SU! dimensional adhesive.


Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

andie smith. said...

Leigh, this is such a nice card...it has such a calming feel to it with the muted colors. I'm sure your friend will appreciate your thoughtfulness :)

Alanna said...

This is very pretty. A lovely sympathy card.

Cheryl said...

I really love this, Leigh! The soft, muted colors are beautiful, and that embossing is perfection.

merryf said...

beautiful,and so appropriate for a young man.

Taheerah said...

A lovely card Leigh. I know how difficult these are to make but I think yours is the perfect combination of classy and heartfelt.

Nancy said...

Leigh, I love your composition.it is a perfect masculine sympathy card.

bjmartin said...

Pretty Leigh. I really like the embossing over the subtle patterned paper.

Luanne said...

Beautiful sympathy card. I love the earthy tones and your wonderful embossing.

Sandy Kay said...

Leigh, I love this card! I would have not thought of making a masculine card with this stamp!

Laurie said...

Leigh this is so pretty! I love those neutral tones!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful, classy card, Leigh! And perfect for a man!

Joyce said...

This is a beautiful sympathy card. They are so hard to make.

Darnell said...

Oh, Leigh, what a perfect masculine sympathy card. That bp is so perfect for this! Your card should be showcased on the PTI challenge as a perfect example of double-embossing. I guess if you count em up, you come up with all-around perfect!!

Cindy Lee said...

Such a pretty card, Leigh. The colors are so calming. Sorry to hear the loss of your friend's grandfather.