Thursday, February 06, 2014

A few cards to share

Today, I have a few cards to share.
Okay, well, I have eight.
Seven are mine and one is Sage's and they're all for the Anniversary Challenges at Papertrey Ink.

First up are the five cards that I made using the free printables that Nichole 
posted on her blog this morning.





(I just want to apologize for the "not so great" photos of my cards. 
I had to take them this evening, after 10pm, which made for less than stellar lighting conditions.)

For my first card, I used Heather's printable. 
I kept it fairly simple and paired it with my Femme Frames from Mama Elephant
and I added some enamel dots.



Next, I die cut Betsy's printable with my LL:oval die and added a scalloped frame in aqua mist.
I layered it over some card stock that I'd impressed with my book print IP
and added some buttons and twine to finish it off.




Then, I pulled out my smaller oval dies and used them for Dawn's printable.
On my background I stamped some Turning a New Leaf stamps with versa mark and
heat embossed them in white.
I layered my oval frame over a tag sale 5 tag and added some buttons and twine.


Then, I cut out Melissa's printable by hand and layered it over some card stock
and Teresa Collins patterned paper and added some enamel dots.


And lastly, I diecut Tiffany's printable with a Mat Stack 5 die and layered it over
some Echo Park patterned paper and added some buttons.


I also made two cards for the PTI 7th Anniversary, Day 1 Challenge
which is to use one of the 7 sketches on Nichole's blog and pair it with one of the 7 colour combos she's posted.

I paired this sketch:


With this colour combo:


I decided to use my The Sweet Life stamps again today, 
along with the Boutique Borders: Birthday stamp set.


And for my last card, I used this sketch:


And this colour combo:


I started with a piece of Pink Paislee Artisan paper that I inked with Fine Linen, 
after die cutting it in a circle.
I stamped a sentiment from Think Big Favourites #12 
and added a stamped Feather Finery die cut and some buttons.


And Sage wanted to play along as well, so she picked the same sketch
and paired with this colour combo:


 She didn't include the new leaf green though, and substituted some kraft instead.
Here's her card:


She used some PTI card stock (aqua mist, hibiscus burst), button and twine.
The heart is die cut with a Wplus9 heart die cut and the stamped sentiment is from
Reverse Confetti's Crushin'.

Thanks for looking!


21 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow LOL! You've been busy. These are all so awesome...love Sage's card too!

Tonya said...

You both hit a home run on these cards! Great job!

nancy said...

You've been busy, Leigh. My favorites are those cards with the oval tags. I like how you placed them to go off of the edge.
Sage's card is sweet. So what's in her wish list?

Lynn said...

Sage's card is beautiful. Love the colored based...stunning! And wow...you have been a busy bee. All kinds of fabulousness!

Sherrie M. said...

Nicely done Leigh. Great cards.

Michelle said...

Wow, Leigh! You've been busy! These are all fantastic! I especially love your "Sweet Life" card, such a beauty! :-)

Jennifer K said...

You guys are rockin' the challenges! Way to go - they are all excellent cards.

Happy Dance said...

You girls really got your craft on! How nice to be able to craft with your daughter. And this body of work is simply stunning. Each one is truly amazing. I'm especially enamored of Sage's card, and your Thank You card. Have a great weekend. Bev

Alanna said...

WOW Leigh, you've been busy. These are all so fabulous. I just love them.

Megan Carroll said...

Wow Leigh!! You are a busy lady!! Lovely cards....good luck in the draws!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wow! That's a whole lotta cards! Gorgeous work!

Chrissy Larson said...

You guys! Wow! You both make it look so easy. Tell Sage she rocked it and, as usual, your cards are AMAZING, Leigh!

Shona Chambers said...

Hi Leigh, I just wanted to thank you for your lovely comments on my blog 'Twine Around', they certainly give me a needed confidence boost!! The best thing I have discovered about the challenges is seeing other peoples work and discovering new blogs to follow. Your projects are stunning and have signed up by email so I don't miss any of your new designs. You certainly have been busy and love all of these cards. I saw the printables but wondered how they would look. You have made them look amazing, so I'm going to print them out right now!!!

Kristie Goulet said...

Great cards, Leigh! Way to rock the challenges!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Oh my you have been busy, busy!
All of these cards gorgeous and my favourites are Happy Birthday roses, happy birthday feathers and the last card especially. It reminds me of a globe encircled with love! Precious!

Melissa Sibert said...

Gorgeous cards as always, Leigh. I don't know how you execute these challenges so beautifully all the time. My favorite is the roses card. It is stunning. I sure wish I could line up all those layers better when I stamp them. Yours are always perfect.

Anonymous said...

Your a busy busy girl!!!!! I love all these cards!!

Lindsey said...

Absolutely fabulous, Leigh! Though I think you should cross out "a few" and replace it with "a lot"! You (and Sage) are creating such amazing cards for PTI's challenges.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Leigh, you are on a roll! These cards are gorgeous. I am loving all the inspirations. You are one talented lady. :)

Marybeth said...

Absolutely gorgeous…. each one magazine quality !
These are just beautiful to look at.

Sharon Underwood said...

I'll say it, too: WOW, you've been busy! GREAT cards! Love those two-toned flowers! Also particularly like the second card, with the scalloped oval and flowers. Aqua mist is a favorite color of mine.