Thursday, February 13, 2014

PTI Anniversary, Day 9

I'm popping in this evening to post the cards that Sage & I made for the PTI Anniversary Day 9 Challenge,
(which was a super fun one where we used a random generator to choose what colours, supplies, techniques & sketch we'd use on our card.)

Because I didn't get called into work today,
I challenged myself to make a card for each sketch using the random generator.

Here are the sketches:


I'm going to share the cards I made in the order that I made them.

First up is Sketch #5, where I also used:
pure poppy, orange zest, summer sunrise & vintage cream.
I had to make a "congratulations" card, using the rock & roll technique,
brads and thread.


I used some Simple Stories patterned paper & decorative brad.
I stamped my Wonderful Words Additions sentiment using the rock & roll technique.
I diecut a Reverse Confetti arrow but made it longer in my die cutting machine by running it though one way part way, shifting the die down and then running it through the other way. Then I trimmed of some of the feathers.

For my next card, I used Sketch #3, along with
canyon clay, sweet blush, new leaf and stamper's select white.
I also had to make another "congratulations" card, but this time use a watercolour
technique, enamel dots and thread.


I used my The Sweet Life stamp set. I stamped it in versa mark and heat embossed it in white.
Then, I pressed the different colours of ink onto my kraft mat, spritzed it with water 
and used a paint brush to add the colour to my card.
The sentiment was stamped in black. 
And the enamel dots and stitching finish it off.

For my third card, I used Sketch #6, along with
harvest gold, raspberry fizz, new leaf & stamper's select white.
I had to make a "just because" card with an inlaid die cuts technique,
enamel dots & button twine.


I used some Echo Park patterned paper, along with a Simon Says Stamp hello die,
my PTI double ended banner die and some gold shimmer card stock.
I die cut the word from the sweet blush card stock and layered it over some white card stock, before adhering it to my card.
The banners are adhered with dimensional adhesive.

For my fourth card, I used Sketch #4, as well as
harvest gold, berry sorbet, hibiscus burst & vintage cream
I had to make another "just because" card, using water colouring,
buttons & button twine.


For this one, I used the same technique as my Sweet Life card, above,
but I used Feather Finery and sea foam white embossing powder.
I stamped the sentiment onto the panel and heat embossed it in clear embossing powder.
The I layered my die over top and traced around it with a pencil.
I stamped & water coloured the whole panel and then die cut the feather from it, using the pencil
lines as guidelines for where to place my die.

For my fifth card, I used Sketch #1, as well as
dark chocolate, raspberry fizz, melon berry and fine linen.
I needed to make a birthday card with heat embossing, brads & thread.


I stamped with Mehndi Medallion all over a trimmed fine linen panel.
I die cut the Wonderful Words die from chocolate brown.
I stamped the sentiment onto a vellum double-ended banner die cut and heat embossed it
with dark brown embossing powder.
I stitched the vellum strip in place.

And the last sketch was Sketch #4, which I needed to use with
hawaiian shores, berry sorbet, spring moss and classic kraft.
I needed to make a "friend" card with heat embossing,
a decorative brad & thread.


(Sorry for the not-so-great photo of this one!)
I used Framed Out #12 for my dies and stamp and some Echo Park patterned paper.
For my decorative brad, I used a SU! Build a brad and stamped a heart from Love Lives Here: Holiday
in spring moss onto some spring moss card stock.

I'm linking up this last card to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Get Krafty,
where we're challenged to use kraft on our card.

And Sage wanted to play along, too.
She got Sketch  #4, with
pure poppy, orange zest, melon berry & fine linen.
She had to make a birthday card with heat embossing,
 buttons & button twine.

When she got her colour combo, she told me she wanted to stamp a campfire.
I didn't think we had a campfire image, but we found one in Summer Camp.


We heat embossed the campfire image in dark brown embossing powder and
Sage coloured it in with markers.
The pattern dapper is American Crafts.
The sentiment is also from Summer Camp and Sage
printed the arrow & birthday herself. Isn't it cute?

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Vanessa said...

you are amazing! soo many cards, and every one is beautiful!

Karen C. said...

What a great selection of cards, Leigh. I love the feather card! So soft and pretty. It's Friday morning and my unfinished card is sitting on my desk. Just wasn't able to make my combination work together!

Alanna said...

These are all so gorgeous Leigh. I especially love the ones with the Sweet Life and Feather Finery.

Deepti said...

All of ur cards are so cool, lovely colors and layouts :)

Betty said...

your "life is sweet" card is just gorgeous - love everything about it!! happy valentine's day!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful! Especially loving that feather one!

Sian Ridley said...

These are all fantastic cards, the first two are especially beautiful ;) well done you'd or getting so many done, and to Sage-that card is cool! :)

Joyce said...

Oh, you guys really went to town on this challenge. Fabulous stuff.

Shona Chambers said...

So many cards and I love that they are all so different from each other. Your extremely talented that you can come up with so many designs in one sitting, takes me hours just to do one card!!

Anonymous said...

My gosh Leigh, where do you find the time? These cards...each and EVERY one of them is fabulous!!!!

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous collection of cards Leigh and I have so enjoyed seeing what you produced for each challenge. I'm afraid I didn't get a chance to comment each day but I really liked them all.
Hugs
Carol x

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous cards Leigh!! Wow! So pretty!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa