Thursday, February 20, 2014

CAS(E) This Sketch #65

Today, I have a card to share that I made for
 CAS(E) This Sketch #65 by Sam Simpson:


For my card, I was inspired by this post by Danielle Flanders
where she posted this photo:


I loved these water coloured feathers and decided to make my own using some 
watercolour paints and my WMS Fine Feathers stamp set.


I painted the watercolours directly onto my stamps and stamped them on watercolour paper.
I added some droplets of paint, as well as a stamped sentiment 
from PTI's Think Big Favourites #12.
A few enamel dots finish it off.



Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, February 27th to link up your card.

Thanks for looking!

23 comments:

cm said...

Absolutely stunning, Leigh!
c

Julia Aston said...

Your feathers look awesome!

~amy~ said...

simply fabulous!

Alanna said...

This is beautiful. Love the feathers.

Miriam Prantner said...

Stunning! Just exquisite!

Betty said...

your feathers are fabulous - wish i could do watercolors - mine always look messy and not lovely like yours!
beautiful card! love the colors!

Anonymous said...

So pretty Leigh!!!

Jennifer said...

Absolutely Gorgeous! I'm with Betty, my water colors never look as good. Gotta keep practicing.

Aileen said...

Awsome, this card is perfect. Style, colour everything is just perfect. Well done

Shona Chambers said...

What a fantastic technique! I would never have thought to do that and the effect is incredible, they look so much like the photo. Gorgeous card, love the colour combo too!

Luanne said...

This is gorgeous Leigh. I love it!

Celeste Goff said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the light, watercolor feel of it!

Lee-Anne said...

Leigh...this is just gorgeous...love the water colored feathers and little droplets...so pretty!

alexandra s.m. said...

Fabulous take on the sketch Leigh!
Amazing feathers!!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

ooh...this is amazing! WOWZA! I cannot tell you how much I love this Leigh! Just everything about it! :D

yyam said...

Oh wow. So soft and pretty! Love the watercolour effect of the feathers!

Chris Dring said...

Wow! What a stunning card! Love this! (and may have to CASE it!) LOL!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is gorgeous Leigh! I love your colours and that postage stamp vibe! Vicky x

Joni Andaya said...

What lovely feathers Leigh!!! They are perfect the way you colored them! Love <3

Jill Norwood said...

So very beautiful!!!!!

Tracy said...

another beauty- really liking your watercolor feathers (i need to get some ink on my feathers now!) thanks for the inspiration

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous, Leigh! Love how you used your leftovers on your other card as well.

Betty said...

Love the colors on your card, Leigh. Really pretty.