Sunday, February 09, 2014

Four cards for PTI's anniversary, Day 5

This evening, I have three cards to share that I made for the
 PTI 7th Anniversary, Day 1 Challenge
(which is to use one of the 7 sketches on Nichole's blog and
pair it with one of the 7 colour combos she's posted)
and for the PTI Anniversary Day 5 Challenge,
(which is to make a birthday card and to take a photo me holding the card for an extra entry.)

The first card I made was with this sketch:


And used this colour combo:


Here's my card:


I used some Crate Paper patterned paper for my circle and from it,
I die cut a butterfly using my PTI Beautiful Butterfly dies.
I die cut the banner using Get a Handle on It and stamped my sentiment from Think Big Favourites #12.
I added three PTI buttons and some twine.

Sage took a photo of me with my card in my craft space.


(Got to love my aqua mist Gap sweater, fingernails and walls!)

For my next card I used this sketch:


And this colour combo:



And here's my card:


I used some terracotta tile & vintage cream card stock,
some Pink Paislee patterned paper and my PTI Big Ticket Basics stamps & die.

And here's my photo:


And for my last card, I used this sketch, which I rotated 90˚ to the right.


And this colour combo again:


In my mind, once I rotated the sketch, the sentiment strip made me think of a building, 
so I pulled out my PTI City Scene stamp set to make my card.


I inked my edges with harvest gold and for the corners of the sketch where there
was suppose to be twine, I added a bit of extra inking in summer sunrise.

And here's my photo of me with my card:


Before I go, I have one more card to share for the Day 5 contest.
This one was also made with City Scene, but it was made by my daughter, Sage.


She stamped the Eiffel Tower in versa mark and then I helped her heat emboss it in silver.
She had messed up with the cab, so I suggested she just stamp again on a die cut and cover up 
her mistake -- it worked like a charm!

Oh, and here's Sage holding her card:


Doesn't she look adorable in her hat? Very parisienne!

Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Marvelous card Leigh, they're all so pretty! Love Sage's card too, she did a great job! But the fun photos of the Penner girls steals the show today ;)

cards by cara said...

Leigh, gorgeous creations!! Et Sage, j'adore ta carte!! Et ton chapeau est vraiment parisien! :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your cards and these precious pictures of you and DD!! and since aqua is one of my favorite colors, I'm in heaven!!

Tracey McNeely said...

All fabulous Leigh, you did so well this weekend, I love that Sage made a card too. Great photos too!

Joni Andaya said...

Aww...Leigh you guys are way too CUTE!!! Love your projects :) and Sage too!

Lynn said...

Well done Sage! You are an amazing stamper...and love the sweet little night time scene you created!

And Leigh your cards are pretty awesome too! xx

Kara said...

so cute!! love seeing what everyone crafts in:) Sage is too cute!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great cards! Love that Sage got into the action!

cm said...

Such a charming post! The cards you and Sage created are amazing, but it's the photos of the two of you holding up your little masterpieces that melts my heart! LOVE this!!
c

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

Love the cards (brilliant rotation of the second sketch) and loved even more seeing the pictures of you and Sage with your cards. You are both the cutest and so photogenic. Leigh, you just have the best, warmest smile. You can just tell that all of you is so pure and good.

Joyce said...

Fabulous cards, and love the pictures of both you and Sage. So cute.

Darnell said...

You BOTH look adorable!! And your cards look adorable, too!! Hugs, Darnell

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love all of these Leigh and I think my very favorite is the one Sage made! Love this little scene she created and the pics of the creators holding the cards...precious!

Jennifer K said...

Great cards by both you and Sage!