Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Sending love & sunshine

I thought I'd make a card to send to my brother 
& sister-in-law who live in B.C.

Now, they don't get the cold that we do here -- poor souls! ;)
but they also don't get the sunshine we do either. 
So I thought I'd send them some, in card form.


I used some Wplus9 stamp sets: Fresh Cut Florals, Milk & Cookies (for the vase) &
Valentine Wishes for the sentiment.
I stamped the sentiment and milk jar onto my card stock and then ran it through my
Big Shot with my PTI woodgrain impression plate.
I was inspired by Joni's fabulous card to add some
Pretty Pink Posh Marshmallow sequins to the vase.
The patterned paper is My Mind's Eye.

I'm linking up my card to the
Wplus9 Birthday Celebration: Week 1 Challenge, which is "Comfort Zone",
because I used my favourite Wplus9 stamps (Fresh Cut Florals),
in my favourite style ("pretty CAS") and used one of my favourite things: patterned paper. 

I shared this challenge with Sage and she wanted to play along, too.
She made a card using Valentine Wishes for an educational assistant who's been
training in her class and had her last day today.
For the "Comfort Zone" challenge, she used her favourite colour: pink.


She decide to use some glitter paper and die cut a heart with Wplus9's heart dies.
She also added some Pretty Pink Posh Sweetheart Mix sequins.

Thanks for looking!

20 comments:

Alanna said...

Your card is just beautiful Leigh. I love the sequined vase.

Sage's card is fabulous as well.

Sharon Underwood said...

The cards are so pretty! Love that pink on Sage's card, and I love the colorful flowers on yours! I'm a flower person, for sure!

Lorraine Marasigan said...

I love how you paired the two WPlus9 sets. Very pretty.

And, Sage has quite an eye for design! Look at the placement of those sequins:)

Sherrie M. said...

Wow, the card with the sequined vase is wonderful! And you've got yourself a great little card maker in the works!

Megan Carroll said...

Lovely cards ladies! Sage is becoming a pro....just like Mom!

Kathryn A said...

I love both cards!!! Sage, you're really doing a great job :) And Leigh, it's been sunny and beautiful here in BC these past couple of days, for a change, but it's cold! (well, not like it's cold where you are)but the forecast is threatening snow...

Michelle said...

BEAUTIFUL!
I absolutely love that first card. The vase reminds me of the white milk glass hobnail vases.
I like the second one too. I've had my eye on that stamp set.
Beautiful cards, Leigh.

robinann17 said...

Both of these card are so pretty! I love the use of sequins on the vase and as a spot of shine around the heart.

Lisa Elton said...

Leigh your card is sure to bring a smile to their faces, it's just beautiful!! And Sage your card is as pretty as can be!! I like the glitter paper you used ;)

Jill Norwood said...

A breath of spring!!!! And a lovely Valentine!! :)

Jennifer said...

Your card is so lovely and bright, very cheery! Love the sequins on the vase. It's so sweet your daughter likes to craft with you! Her card is so cute, the pink is a perfect color.

Joni Andaya said...

BEAUTIFUL Leigh!!! Love your card with the vase sequins :) Aww..Please tell Sage her card is Gorgeous :) Love & Hugs <3

Lynn said...

Two stunning cards Leigh! We could all use the sunshine right now. The sequins on the first card are amazing.

Erin said...

This is gorgeous!

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Both cards are really beautiful Leigh, but especially love the first one. That shade of green is so pretty, and one that I don't use often. I love the sequined vase.

Betty said...

love both of your cards - just bought that stamp set so am happy for your inspiration!

Cindy Groh said...

Awesome cards. What adhesive do you use for your sequins?

Kara said...

so pretty..love sages card!

cm said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the images, the colours, the sequins...so, so, so pretty!
c

Jeanne J. said...

Oh Leigh you had me with the sequins. Of course I had to come in for a closer look and WOW can I just say STUNNING?