Friday, February 07, 2014

Three cards

Hi there!
I'm popping in this evening to share three cards that I made both for the
 PTI 7th Anniversary, Day 1 Challenge
which is to use one of the 7 sketches on Nichole's blog and
pair it with one of the 7 colour combos she's posted
as well as for the PTI Anniversary Timer Challenge,
where the challenge is to gather 7 supplies in less than 7 minutes
and create a card in less than 17 minutes.

The first card I made was with this sketch:


And used this colour combo:


I chose the following 7 supplies:
Pink Paislee patterned paper that was double-sided
vintage cream card stock
Think Big Favourites #12 stamp set
dark chocolate ink
Get a Handle On It die
enamel dots

Here's my card:


I ended up rotating the sketch to make it a vertical card instead of a
horizontal one.
I die cut the banners and trimmed the card stock one down to make it more narrow.
I added the enamel dots (which seem to have shifted a bit when I took the photo! 
I took the photo in daylight and didn't upload it until later this evening.... it was really too dark 
to do anything about it, so you'll just have to imagine the tiny red enamel dots about a centimetre south-west of the larger orange enamel dot. Thanks!)

For my second card, I used this sketch:


And this colour scheme, but I substituted the Hawaiian Shores for Ocean Tides.


For my seven supplies, I chose:
my new Basic Grey patterned paper pad
stamper's select white card stock
Happy Day stamp set
Ocean Tides ink
Versafine Black Onyx ink
Happy Day die die
Basic Grey chipboard

Here's my card:


I used two of the patterned papers as the base.
I stamped the happy day frame and sentiment on some card stock and then die cut it.
A couple of chipboard flowers finishes it off.

And lastly, I used this sketch: 


With this colour scheme:


My seven supplies included:
vintage cream card stock
Big Ticket Basics stamp set
Big Ticket Basics die
hawaiian shores ink
summer sunrise ink
raspberry fizz ink
scarlet jewel ink

To incorporated all of the colours, I had to keep my card very CAS...


I used the die with my embossing mats to impress the image into the card stock base.
Then I added the stamped images.

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Deepti Stephens said...

Beautiful cards, Leigh. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving some love.. :)

Papercrafting With Angelina said...

Very clever card!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Gorgeous cards, Leigh. Love all of them!

cm said...

Oh my, Leigh - these challenges within challenges have me confused just reading them! You've created a trio of stunning beauties here, using the requirements to perfection. As I mentioned in your RC post: a visit to your site is a guarantee of delight, dazzle, inspiration and admiration!
c

Marybeth said...

Leigh these are all such creative cards. Lots of challenges so little time… but you have used your time wisely and beautiful!

Tracy said...

you are kind of a machine you know that Leigh? 2 different challenges - including the timed one... i didnt even attempt the timed one LOL. i barely sneaked in one challenge (just bad timing for me the last few days). I applaud you - such pretty cards - i am particularly fond of the second one using Happy Day (just looking at it makes me feel that way :-)) but all three are lovely.

Shelly said...

Beautiful cards! Love how you turned the one sketch around!