Thursday, February 06, 2014

CAS(E) This Sketch #63 & PTI Anniversary, Day 1


Today, I have a card to share that I made for
 CAS(E) This Sketch #63 by Joni Andaya:


With this sketch, I decided to make a card Valentine's card, 
using some Crate Paper patterned paper and my new Wplus9 Valentine Wishes stamp set.

Here's my card:


Trying to match up the colours to the patterned paper, I stamped my wreath, flowers
and sentiment all directly onto my card stock.
I die cut the banner and stamped my banner image and sentiment onto that and adhered
it to my layout using dimensional adhesive.


I'm also linking up my card to the Wplus9 Birthday Celebration: Week 1 Challenge,
which is "Comfort Zone", because I used some Wplus9 stamps (with my favourite font!),
as well as some pretty patterned paper, which is totally one of my favourite things to do!

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, February 13th to link up your card.

Before I go, I just want to share another card that I made for
which is to used one of the 7 sketches on Nichole's blog and pair it with one of the 7 colour combos she's posted.

For my card, I chose this sketch:


And I chose this colour combo, but I traded the new leaf for limeade ice: 


Here's my card:



I cut a half circle from some My Mind's Eye patterned paper and layered it over some aqua mist card stock. Then I matted it all on some coordinating MME patterned paper.
The sentiment (from Strawberry Patch Sentiments) was stamped in versa mark 
and heat embossed in white.
Some twine and a hibiscus burst button finish it off.

Thanks for looking!

17 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love them both Leigh! Your first card is just gorgeous and you did a fabulous job matching your stamping to the paper!!

Vanessa said...

Beautiful cards, Leigh! So pretty…
Vanessa x

Darnell said...

These are both so pretty, Leigh, and such a wonderful take on the colors and sketches! Everything you do is so inspiring!! Hugs, Darnell

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful! The stamping on the first one looks so ouch like the paper!

alexandra s.m. said...

Hi Leigh,

I can't believe I've missed on in just 2 days!
These two cards are amazing, so perfect in every way!
so fresh and beautiful...

Now, let's go back to the other beauties you have created... ;)

Megan Carroll said...

Love the colors on the second card...gorgeous!

Happy Dance said...

Two lovely cards, Leigh. Love the colors of both of them. W plus 9 stamps are so wonderful, and you've used them beautifully. Bev

Lynn said...

Two beautiful cards...I love how you stamped to match your patterned paper on the first one...incredible stamping!

Lee-Anne said...

These are both just lovely, Leigh! You did such a great job matching the colors and stamps to your paper on the first card. And I just love the half circle of paper on the second!

cm said...

Stunning duo, Leigh! Your flowers have me pining for spring! You've worked magic with WPlus9. Heading 'back' to check out the gorgeousness missed....
c

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Masterfully matched stamps and paper, on that first card! What a stunning effect.

Jennifer said...

Love both of these! Your color matching is spot on...just love!

Geri said...

Both are beautiful, Leigh! LOVE how you matched up your stamping in the first to its paper!!!

Chrissy Larson said...

You made that stamp set look like it was meant to go with that paper. Both of these cards just make me smile! LOVE!

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous, Leigh! Your first card has caught me eye in both link-ups!

Joni Andaya said...

SO Gorgeous each one Leigh! You make each design look so easy. Love them all :)

Sandi said...

So pretty and elegant!