Wednesday, February 05, 2014

A few projects

I have a few projects to share today.

First up, I made some Valentine treat bags to hand out to my kids 
in my Sunday School group.
I used some Doodlebug kraft polkadot bags, which I filled with some candies.
Then, I cut a 2x8.5" strip of white card stock to wrap around each bag.


I stamped the cookies from Wplus9's Milk & Cookies and masked it to stamp
the jar & straw.
I die cut the banners using Reverse Confetti's Tag Me banner die in pure poppy card stock.
Then I stamped a sentiment from Milk & Cookies and the "happy valentine's day" from 
Reverse Confetti's Crushin' in versa mark and heat embossed them in white.

I'm linking these up to the Wplus9 Birthday Celebration: Week 1 Challenge
which is "Comfort Zone", because I used my favourite style ("pretty CAS") and  
one of my favourite things: patterned paper.

I'm also linking it up to Fusion #3.



I also have a layout to share that I made for this month's Pages With Papertrey Challenge, 
which is to include a heart on a layout, without using pink or red.

Here's my layout:


I used some Fancy Pants patterned paper (yellow) & some Studio Calico PL cards.

I typed my journaling on my typewriter.
I used my Bubble Talk dies to die cut another SC PL card. 
Then I die cut it again with some Ocean Tides card stock and layered it underneath for this week's 
I'm also linking this up to this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Have a Heart.


For my title, I die cut "Furry Friends" with my Mama Elephant Inline alphabet dies using
Ocean Tides cardstock.
I stamped the arrow from Reverse Confetti's Crushin'
and the sentiment from PTI's Wonderful Words Additions.


If you play along with the Pages With Papertrey Challenge, please share
a link to your layout here in the comments on my blog or here on the PTI forum. Thanks!

Now, I have one more project to share before I go.
It's a card I made for the PTI 7th Anniversary, Day 1 Challenge, which is to used one of the 7 sketches on Nichole's blog and pair it with one of the 7 colour combos she's posted.

For my card, I chose this sketch:


And I paired it with this colour combo:


Here's my card:


I decided to switch the sketch from horizontal to vertical & to use my Sweet Life stamp set.
I stamped my leaves on the white card stock background and then ran it through my Big Shot
with my woodgrain impression plate.
I die cut the flowers and then stamped them with aqua mist (stamped off), then aqua mist (full strength) and then hawaiian shores.
The sentiment is from Think Big Favourites #12.

Thanks for looking!

33 comments:

Kara said...

great projects!! love the scrapbook page!

Alanna said...

Fabulous cards and layout Leigh. I really love your card with the Sweet Life set.

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful projects! Love those little gift bags, so sweet and, but that layout is my favorite, so sweet, a really special memory!

Jill Norwood said...

Wonderful projects Leigh! I love the sweet pictures and your layout! Gorgeous roses too on this cold winter day! :)

Tracy said...

all so wonderfu Leigh. I love those Valentine treat bags - one of my favorite color combos. Your layout is so wonderful- I wish I still had a typewriter! and your card - well - gorgeous. The Sweet Life is just the prettiest set and i love your take on the challenge - pretty colors and the bg in white is wonderful

Anonymous said...

Gorgoeus Crations Leigh!! I especiaslly love the pics of your son with the puppy!!

Jennifer said...

Wow, these are all awesome. Love your Valentine cards...just too cute. Your LO is simply beautiful and your PTI card is gorgeous!

Annheidel said...

Your Valentine treats are just darling, love your layout, and your Sweet Life card is so sweet!

Sharon Underwood said...

Great projects! I love that last card. The flowers are so beautiful!

Megan Carroll said...

You had a busy day!! Love those little bags...so cute!!

Joyce said...

Great stuff today, Leigh. I especially love your Sweet Life card.

carol (krillsister) said...

Great projects! awesome layout. The journaling is perfect with the bubble die and the embellishments. Beautiful card. Love how you interpreted the layout.

Kelly Griglione said...

I say this all the time ... your sunday school kids are so darn spoiled!! Adorable treat bags! Such fun projects you've shared in this post, Leigh. So glad you linked up with the Fusion Challenge!

Joni Andaya said...

Awesome projects Leigh! I love the treat bags :)

Jennifer K said...

Great projects, Leigh. Love the V-day bags - super cute idea!

Laura Sterckx said...

Gorgeous layout, Leigh! The colors and design look wonderful! The photo's are adorable and I love the enamel dots as finishing touches! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Geri said...

What a lovely post, Leigh! From top to bottom! The layout is precious and perfect!…LOVE the Valentine treats…I have that set and thought the images could be cute as Valentines…love what you did with them…and the PTI card--just beautiful!!! THanks for linking up your sweet treats with FUSION…always great to see you there!!!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

wow Leigh! I LOVE the card with the blue flowers! It is gorgeous! :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Wonderful cards and wow, what a precious layout for a very precious boy indeed!
You're so talented Leigh!
Thank You!!

TeresaC said...

Really nice projects, Leigh!! Thank you for sharing your creativity. I am working away slowly at mine, but I am working at it!! :)

Nancy Penir said...

Beautiful recipe with the blue roses. Love all your sweet projects, but the layouts are the best! Forever Memories of your children! Doesn't get any better!

Linda said...

Very pretty Leigh.

Lynn said...

Okay...where to start! All kinds of gorgeousness...as always Leigh! I love the sweet little Valentine treats...those stamps are adorable (so glad you could play with us at Fusion). Your layout is so sweet! And the floral stamping on your last card is stunning!

cm said...

A trio of delight! The treat bags are so special; the kids will be thrilled. Your layout is wonderful and the photos heart-melting! Your son is a gentle spirit...Your card with blue roses stirs memories... thank you!
c

Chrissy Larson said...

Can you come to my house and help me with my scrapbook? I love the way your layouts are so clean and fresh. GORGEOUS!

Lindsey said...

Your valentine goodies are darling, your card is beautiful, and your layout is fabulous! I've just got to start scrapbooking again!

wienerhoneymooners said...

YES, clean and FRESH like a sweet summer breeze, LOVE the layouts, and the sweet valentines too!!!

Thanks for joining us at the FUSION Card challenge, I love coming to visit and say hello, and hope you join us again!!!

Laura Davis said...

Such stunning work!
Laura

SmilynStef said...

CA-ute and yummy little valentines ... so glad you joined our Fusion Card Valentine Challenge.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

fabulous projects!

Michelle Lupton said...

Great projects, and I love those cookie bags! Thanks for playing along with us at Fusion!

Darnell said...

Congratulations on the HM honor from Fusion, Leigh!! Hugs, Darnell

@JoyceCasaldi said...

I can't say I blame him, who can resist a cuddle from something so cute!
Great projects!