Thursday, February 13, 2014

CAS(E) This Sketch #64

Today, I have a card to share that I made for
 CAS(E) This Sketch #64 by N@ Ali:





With this sketch, I decided to make a birthday card 
for one of the boys in my Sunday School group.

Here's my card:



 I started by stamping my sentiment (from Reverse Confetti's Lots to Say stamp set)
 on some rustic cream card stock.
Then, I masked it off before with using my Papertrey Ink Mighty Oak cover plate 
as a stencil with some embossing paste.
I stamped the owl from Lawn Fawn's Winter Owl
& paper pieced him with some Echo Park patterned paper.
I used a coordinating sheet of patterned paper to mat my card.

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, January 23th to link up your card.

Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Joni Andaya said...

Aww....SUPER CUTE Leigh!!! When I saw that owl made me happy :)

Alanna said...

I have got to use this die as a stencil with the paste. So much fun.

Lisa Elton said...

Love what you've done with the tree in the background! Super cute card Leigh!!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

cute card! I love it!
:) Marie

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Very cute card! I love the owl, the interesting embossed panel and the colorful border. Thanks for the inspiration!
:) Marie

Erin said...

So cute, Leigh! I love your little owl. :-)

Shellye McDaniel said...

CUTE :) This is my kind of card! I love to stamp and fussy cut...so fun!

Chrissy Larson said...

Love that little owl, Leigh! Gorgeous work with the embossing paste!

Celeste Goff said...

What a super cute card! I love that sweet little owl juxtaposed in front of that pretty textured background!

Joyce said...

What a super cute owl card. Love how you have worked him into that mighty oak tree.

Lee-Anne said...

Loving that paper pieced owl! He looks wonderful again that embossed tree!

alexandra s.m. said...

How adorable Leigh!
LOve your take on the sketch!
Thank you~

Barb King said...

Very cute card, I love that little Lawn Fawn owl!

Anonymous said...

REALLY like this, Leigh! Feels like ages since I stopped by and perused your work and others'-- so busy. Happy belated hearts day!! xo Kate

Papercrafting With Angelina said...

Wow, that is such an adorable card. Thank you for sharing how you did the Owl. Love it. Coming to you from CAS(E) challenge.

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Adorable paper piecing! What a wonderful use of the embossing in the background! :)