Saturday, February 01, 2014

SFYTT #9 & RS#100



Well, it's the first of the month, which means that
there is a new Sketch for You to Try up on the Reverse Confetti blog today! 



And here's the card I made with the sketch:


I fell in love with this sheet of Crate Paper patterned paper and thought it would be lovely
to use to make a Valentine's Day card for one of my boys....

I added a tag that I cut using the largest Reverse Confetti Tag Me die, which I stamped
& heat embossed in aqua using a sentiment from  Lots to Say (I love this set -- such gorgeous fonts!)
& from Crushin'.
I die cut the hearts from some of the leftover patterned paper
using the heart dies from Love Note.
Then I added some twine and a button to finish it off.

Also,  Reverse Confetti is sponsoring the Retro Sketches #100
and some of the RC DT are playing along.


I decided to use my Peacock Pretties stamp set & Love Note die.

  
I started by stamping my feathers on the base and then stamped them on the Love Note die cut.
I stamped my sentiment from Lots to Say.
I added some Pretty Pink Posh Light Pink Twine & a Pretty Pink Posh button.
Then, I adhered this to my card using dimensional adhesive.














Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Two absolutely fabulous cards Leigh...especially love how you stamped the flowers on the second.

Kara said...

very sweet! lovely cards!

cm said...

Leigh, these are wonderfully; absolutely, completely and totally wonderful!
c

~amy~ said...

sigh...love them both!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh two fabulous cards, I love the soft colours but that second one the way it's stamped--wow!

Megan Carroll said...

Love these both! The colors are gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty cards Leigh! Your RS card is out of this world amazing!!

Renee said...

They're both gorgeous...
love that sketch!!
Those tags are hovering right at the top of my wish list...
I love them!! :)

Michelle said...

Beautiful cards. I love the soft aqua. Very creative for an updated contemporary valentine. So pretty!

craftmates said...

Both fabulous cards. Love the colours of the first one and the stamping on the second one. - Irma

Darnell said...

You inspire!! Hugs, Darnell

alexandra s.m. said...

so beautiful and soft!
Thanks Leigh!!

Susan (rainy) said...

Two beautiful and fresh creations. Love your creative interpretation of the sketch on the second.

Maria said...

Fabulous cards!!!!!!!!!
Hugs,
Maria