Tuesday, February 11, 2014

PTI Anniversary, Day 7

I have two cards to share this evening that I made for the
 PTI 7th Anniversary, Day 1 Challenge
(which is to use one of the 7 sketches on Nichole's blog and
pair it with one of the 7 colour combos she's posted)
and for the PTI Anniversary Day 7 Challenge,
(which is to use stripes.)

My first card uses this colour combo (but I swapped the autumn rose for a brighter pink & the
canyon clay for a brighter orange.)


And it uses this sketch:


I also made it for Taheerah's Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge #4,
which was to use this photo as inspiration.


I was inspired by the sugary candy in the photo and decided to add some coloured glitter to my
Centre Stage Cover Plate stripes.


I turned out very sparkly!
I added a Happy Day die cut and some Strawberry Patch Sentiments sentiments in
coordinating colours. Some buttons and twine finish it off.
This one is going to Sage -- I think she'll love it!

Next, I used this sketch, but omitted the circle in favour of some fabulous striped background patterned paper:


And this colour combo (but I added a little grey to the mix):


Here's my card, using the new Feather Finery stamp set and die as well as
my Wonderful Words Hello die.


The hello is adhered with some dimensional adhesive.
A button and twine finishes it off.

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Great cards Leigh. I just love the colors and the glitter.

Darnell said...

Both are incredible, but I really, really, really love that first striped card, Leigh! Dazzling! Lickable!! Hugs, Darnell

Paulina said...

Leigh, that glitter card is absolutely scrumptious! Love it!

Alanna said...

WOW Leigh, these are both fabulous. But that glitter card? Simply divine.

alexandra s.m. said...

Stop it now Leigh!
My mind is going to explode!
How can you keep on coming up with amazing cards and designs?!!

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful work. all sugared u and yummy!
Laura

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the glitter, but that last card is my favorite. So bold, it really packs a punch!

Karen C. said...

Love your glittery card, Leigh. It makes me think of all the bright colours of summer. I'm done with the snow and everything white!! Haha!! The striped background paper is perfect for this challenge and really makes your colourful feather 'pop'!

maria f. said...

Beautiful, all of them.

Joyce said...

Fabulous cards, Leigh. I am especially fond of the first with all that glitter.

Taheerah said...

My goodness! I love that glittered sugared effect with all those beautiful bright colours Leigh! Stunning effect! Thanks so much for playing to Cure The Monday Blues!