Monday, February 03, 2014

Monday Mood Board #26

Today, I have a card to share that I made for Monday Mood Board #26,
which was to use this photo as inspiration for a card.


I was inspired by the pink & gold and the flowers.
So, I pulled out one of my very favourite stamp sets -- Fresh Cut Florals --
and made this card:


I impressed my sweet blush background using my PTI Simple Stripes impression plate.
I die cut my banner and stamped it using Wplus9's Basic Banners.
I heat embossed the sentiment in gold.
Then, I had lots of fun stamping my flowers, berries & leaves.
On my kraft leaves, I added the detail lines with versa mark 
and heat embossed these in gold.
A few gold Pretty Pink Posh sequins finish it off.


I'm also linking up my card to the Wplus9 Birthday Celebration: Week 1 Challenge, which is "Comfort Zone", because I used my favourite Wplus9 stamps (Fresh Cut Florals), in my favourite style ("pretty CAS") and one of my go-to colour combinations. 
No wonder I like this card so much... ;)

Thanks for looking!

26 comments:

Kara said...

so pretty!! so feminine!

Dawn said...

Breathtaking!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card Leigh!

Betty said...

what a fantastic card and the added gold on the leaves is such a perfect touch.

Geri said...

Georgeous, Leigh! Love the variations of pink and that little bit of yellow!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Stunning! I will have mine posted this afternoon! Great minds think alike hehehehe!

Lisa Elton said...

Soft and pretty Leigh!

Marybeth said...

Leigh this is stunning! I love the soft pinks and yellows .

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful card - lovely & soft!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Beautiful, Leigh! This is my favorite set as well.

Maria said...

Gorgeous card!
Hugs,
Maria

Sharon Underwood said...

Very pretty, feminine card! Love those flowers!

Robyn said...

Hi Leigh. Thankyou for visiting my blog and your kind comment. I am SO glad I visited you back so that I could find this absolutely GORGEOUS card and add it to my faves file! SO lovely!

Bethany Stellpflug said...


So soft and lovely Leigh! I am so totally loving the touch of gold!

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! Gorgeous cluster and loving the gold!

Joyce said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

Vikki H said...

your card is gorgeous - love your colors. I keep thinking that I'm going to need the Floral Stamp set soon.

Erin said...

This is gorgeous, Leigh!

Vanessa said...

Gorgeous card, Leigh!!! Love the gold embossed accents!
Vanessa x

Maria Valente said...

Lovely card! So soft! Just the way I like! You are an inspiration.
Thanks for sharing!
MaryV
(You commented on my card for CAS(E) This Sketch. Thank you so much!)

Colleen said...

Beautiful card, this is one of my favorites sets also!

alexandra s.m. said...

Where is the Pin'it button?

This is fabulous Leigh, I could stare at it for hours!
What a fantastic sense of composition and color arrangement you have! The gold accents are so perfect too and look at that you were able to turn it to the light just right ...did you hear a big "wowwwwwww"? it was me! and I'm still wowing!!!

Bravo, it's so delightful to come and visit you everyday Leigh! Thanks!!

Jill Norwood said...

I agree! This is a breath of spring to warm our hearts on a cold winter day! Thanks Leigh!

Joni Andaya said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

cm said...

WOW! You and WPlus 9 = perfect match! These stamps were made for you! Magic happened here! LOVE this!
c

Jeanne J. said...

Love that close up where I can see all that yummy gold. Really gorgeous!