Friday, August 15, 2014

Five for Friday

1. We are making the very most of our summer....
On Sunday, we went to the Winkler Harvest Festival and took in the rodeo.
On Monday, we joined some friends at the beach.
On Wednesday, we went to the Manitou pool. 


By the way, that red slide was super steep -- and kind of scary, to tell you the truth. 
But I plucked up my courage and slid down it three times. ;)


2. Yesterday was my birthday and I had a great day!
We went to the library reading program wind-up at the park and Austin won
the Hunger Games book set (which he traded with the girl who won the Divergent book set -- too funny!)
My best friend, Val, took me out for lunch at the golf course -- so nice to spend time visiting together!
In the afternoon, I took Jonah & Sage to test drive a Dodge Charger for fun (Jonah's big into cars). 
Big mistake -- it was a really nice car, but unfortunately, not one we can afford right now. Sigh.
Austin had a gift card for Boston Pizza and took us out for supper.
We had our taekwondo black belt class in the evening.


I also wanted to share what Sage gave me for my birthday....and the sweet card she made.


I love this bike/clock! It's so me!
And here's her sweet card -- using the new PTI MIM Country Fair kit.


I'm linking her card up to this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Summer



3. We've been watching Lucy for the last three weeks and her owners got home last night.
She is such a wonderful dog. We all love her, but especially Jonah.


Hmmm, I'm predicting a layout in the near future.... ;)


4. I have a card to share that I made for Tag You're It Challenge #4
where we're being inspired by this lovely tag by TYIC Designer Marion:



I was inspired by inlaid die cut word at the top of the tag and the square beneath it.
I decided to use one of my Pretty Pink Posh tag dies,
along with my Simon Says Stamp hello die to make a shaker tag card.


I used Crate Paper The Pier patterned paper for my background,
which I layered over some vintage cream card stock.
I die cut the tag from cream card stock and then die cut the word die
and a square. Initially, I'd thought I'd switch out the Hello for a coloured die cut,
but I thought the cream on cream looked cool.
I filled the shaker with some Pretty Pink Posh wooden stars & sequins
(tangerine, 4mm lemon meringue, pink blush, pink peonies, raspberry).

Visit the Tag You're It Challenge Blog to see the rest of the DT's takes 
on the challenge and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Wednesday, August 27th to link up your project.


5. And lastly, I have a new sketch to share for Pages With Papertrey:


For my layout, I substituted one 4x6 photo for the two on the right hand side
of the sketch and I put a chipboard frame with my journaling where the photo
on the left hand side was suppose to go.


I used some Crate Paper patterned paper and chipboard shapes/frames for my layout.
I die cut my title using my Papertrey Ink Notebook alphabet dies and some kraft card stock,
which I stamped using a My Favorite Things woodgrain stamp.

Here's a close up of the journaling, which I typed on my friend, Mandy's typewriter
(we were at a crop together when I made this layout.)


If you create a layout using this sketch, please link it up here in the comments on my blog
or here in the Papertrey Ink Forum. I'd love to see what you create!

Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

cm said...

Leigh, your post has brightened this cloudy day immeasurably! Your son's smile, your daughter's gift (I love that bike clock and her card is pure delight), your 'courage' in tackling that steep water-slide, your joy in spending time with your friend, Jonah's cuddles with Lucy - everything here is infused with happiness, companionship and love. Thank you for sharing your 'gifts' with us! Your tag/card: awesome, as always!
~c

~amy~ said...

Looks like you had an awesome birthday! Love all the pictures.
Sage is such a great card maker! Love her work and her giftie to you!

Awesome shaker card and layout!

Betty Wright said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! So amazing! Fantastic cards and layout! The pictures and detailing are so amazing! Love them all!

Nathalie said...

Lovely projects! Both! I really like that sketch too :)

Happy Dance said...

Happy, happy birthday Leigh!!! What a wonderful post. It's always a delight to see your name pop up on my sidebar. Beside all the sweet creations, I really enjoy seeing the photos of your kids, and all the wonderful things you do. Looks like you've had a great summer. Sage's card is a delight, as is her gift to you. I am reminded of your bicycle post.... Great photos, great layout, great post. Have a great weekend. Bev

Chriss Blagrave said...

Happy belated birthday Leigh!
What a beautiful post filled with your beautiful family!
Very heart warming.
I love your tag, clean and cheery and fresh!

Heather said...

A fabulous card Sage, wonderful colours and I love the 'big wheel' and great die-cut and stamped sentiment!!

Thanks so much for joining our Simon Says Stamp Childrens Challenge
love
Heather xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sage !! the whole design is fabulous, LOVE it :-) you are so talented !

The bicycle clock is a lovely gift too, I am sure your Mum was thrilled :-)

thanks for joining in with the Simon Says Summer Vacation Kid’s Challenge on the Wednesday Challenge Blog and good luck with the prize draw :-)
luv
Lols x x x


Happy Birthday Leigh, hope you had a fabulous day :-) Love this whole post, the photo's and all the creations are gorgeous :-)

victoria h said...

fab card Sage - I can see you are picking up lots of tips from your mother. Belated birthday wishes Leigh- glad you had a wonderful day.

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Belated birthday Wishes, glad you had a great day! Lovely LO and a beautiful card, love the mix of wooden stars & sequins :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful projects! I'm so impressed that you have been able to do so much crafting given all the fun you are having this summer!

alexandra s.m. said...

What a wonderful post Leigh and a very happy Belated Birthday from me to you!
Hugs~

Rhonda said...

Happy Belated Birthday Leigh! Looks like you had a lovely day. Beautiful card/gift from Sage. Love the tag as well.

debby4000 said...

What a fabulous card by Sage, love the wheel and the colour combo.
Loved reading your post Leigh.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby