Friday, August 29, 2014

Five for Friday


1. This has been a busy week!
Mostly due to the fact that we've been having VBS every morning at our church.
I'm volunteering as the Crafts Station Leader. :)


2. I have some very exciting news to share....


I've been asked to stay on the Chickaniddy Crafts Team for another year!
I was so thrilled to be one of the four team members who were asked to stay on the team--
my kids can testify to the happy dance I did when I got the email. LOL!

Click here to see the names of the talented women who make up the new team.


3. I was so thrilled to get my new Chickaniddy Crafts goodies in the mail,
I couldn't wait to start playing with them!
So, I made this card, which I linking up to this week's
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes.


This card using supplies from the new Chickaniddy Crafts Scrumptious line:
patterned paper, stickers & stamps.
The dies I used are Papertrey Ink.


4.  We've had such a great summer and I'm so sorry to see it come to an end.
The kids start school next week & I imagine I will be starting back to work shortly after.
It's a good thing there are some fun things planned for this fall to look forward to.... ;)


5. I have a card to share that I made for Tag You're It Challenge #5
where we're being inspired by this lovely tag by TYIC Designer Donna Mikasa:



I was inspired by how Donna die cut her flowers & leaves from coloured card stock and then stamped on them, so I made a card with a tag  using the same technique.


I use one of my Pretty Pink Posh tag dies, which I die cut from vintage cream card stock.
I die cut my Wplus9 Fresh Cut Florals from spring moss, sweet blush & berry sorbet card stock
and stamped on them with the coordinating stamp set.
I stamped my sentiment in sweet blush and berry sorbet, using Papertrey Ink's Wet Paint stamp set.

Visit the Tag You're It Challenge Blog to see the rest of the DT's takes 
on the challenge and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Wednesday, September 10th to link up your project.

I'm also linking this card up to this week's
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes.

Thanks for looking!

21 comments:

Jennifer K said...

Congratulations on your continuation on the design team. What awesome news and well deserved!

Betty said...

congrats, Leigh on the DT position and absolutely love, love, love your tag card!!!

Jingle said...

Both cards are very pretty! Congratulations! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Unknown said...

Big congrats on your new DT gig! So happy for you! Did you get a new blog make over? It looks gorgeous!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Yay, huge congrats to you, Leigh! That is awesome! Love your cards! The white chevron on kraft is so fabulous, and I love all the flowers on both!

Emily Lauritzen said...

Two amazing cards! Love the fun summery colors with all the sweet flowers!
<3 Emily L.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you! Your work is absolutely amazing so I can't wait to see more! Hugs!!!

Marybeth said...

Sound like a very busy and wonderful summer. I think its wonderful that you are volunteering to be the craft leader....lot of work.
Your card tag is simply stunning! Love the patterned paper you used.

Bobby said...

Congratulations on continuing on with your design team. Your tag card is wonderful - love the background and the stamping on colored paper.

Nathalie said...

Congratulations for the good news! Both of your cards are super pretty!

Megan Carroll said...

Both of these cards are gorgeous! So happy you will be doing the DT role again!! And I think I forgot to mention last time....your new blog design looks great!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Yay! Congrats on making the team again and great projects!

Lynn said...

All kinds of happiness! Love it and congrats on continuing on the team. No surprise as your designs are amazing. Love your tag too!

~amy~ said...

Yay! Love being able to work with you for another year! awesome projects!

alexandra s.m. said...

HUGE CONGRATS to You Leigh!
They're lucky to have you!
Love your projects!!
Thanks ;)

Sarah G said...

Both are great cards - love your use of colours! Congrats on staying with the DT. You will be busy :)

Wida said...

Congrats Lady! you rock paper like nobody's business!!

Betty Wright said...

Congrats, Leigh! Love your creations! You are so deserving and your work speaks for itself!

Monika Reeck said...

Huge congratulations to you Leigh and I wanna say I love your tag card I love the chevron the sentiment in pink and the flowers..clever way to take on Donna Tag...LUV THIS Leigh

I just join for the first time the challenge at TAGE YOU ARE IT...would be so happy if you like to see it on my blog and maybe leave me some love...big hugs from Germany, Monika

Lynn Put said...

This is gorgeous Leigh! love the white chevrons on the kraft and your pretty flowers.

Tracey McNeely said...

This is such a pretty tag Leigh, love the kraft chevron background!