Friday, August 01, 2014

Sketch for you to try #15

Today I have a card to share for Reverse Confetti's Sketch for You to Try #15: 



And here's my take on the sketch:


I started by selectively inking & stamping the diagonal stripes twice from So Stripey in harvest gold 
to make it span the width of my card. 
From this background, I die cut the rounded-edge rectangle from Class Act Confetti Cuts, so I 
could get a little bit of the stripes on it.
I die cut the scalloped frame from Love Note, stamped the sentiment from Forever Fall 
on the white diecut and layered it over the scalloped frame. 
To get the watercolour effect on my Peacock Pretties feather, 
I pressed some raspberry fizz ink onto my craft mat and spritzed it with water. 
Then, I painted the ink onto my stamp with a paint brush,
using some summer sunrise ink for the centre around the heart. 
I stamped it onto some white card stock and cut it out by hand.
A few Pretty Pink Posh sequins (6mm Pink Blush4mm Lemon Meringue) finish it off.



   


Be sure to head on over to the Reverse Confetti blog to see
the other designers' takes on the sketch and to play along, if you'd like.

Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh this is lovely...awesome use of the stripes!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful use of these products Leigh!
You always inspire me ;)
THank You!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great take on the sketch! I love the watercolored feather!

Kay Miller said...

Wow! So pretty! I love the colors and the way you carried the yellow stripes along the bottom of the tag!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful as always!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Oh, Leigh! I just looooooooooooooove these colors and stamps! You've nailed this sketch and the RC product! LOVE LOVE LOVE everything you make <3

THANK YOU sooooooo much for your sweet comments on my blog-- you've made my day!

Please keep in touch--- I enjoyed being on the same team with you and will miss working with you! So stalk me on the internet and I'll continue to stalk you <3 MUCH LOVE!!!!!!!! <3

Kathy said...

Love the feather in soft shades and the gentle look of the whole card, Leigh. Love the way so many stamps and dies are used together!

Tracy said...

such a pretty color combo :-)

Joyce said...

Great take on the sketch. Lovely card.

Tracey McNeely said...

So pretty Leigh and so much thought went into your design! Love all the soft layers!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Leigh. Love the pastel colors and the pretty feather. My favorite set!

cm said...

From the images to the colours, your card is visual harmony! Fabulous!
~c

Felicita said...

Leigh, Such a beautiful card. I want to learn to o more shaker cards. I love the color comb as well