Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Happy Birthday to my Jonah!

Jonah turns 12 today!


He is such an awesome kid -- so sweet, funny, easy-going and fun to be with!
Last week, while Sage was at camp, he & I worked on a project together:
we made a duct tape hammock.


It was pretty frustrating at first, but then we found our groove.
Jonah asked me: "Are you having fun?" I told him that once we'd figured out how to make
it work, it was fun. I asked him if he was having fun.
"Yes! It's nice doing a project together, just you and me," he replied.
See what I mean? Super sweet!

We had a joint birthday party on Sunday (joint with his dad, whose birthday was last Wednesday).
Austin had a coupon for a DQ ice cream cake, so they went to pick one out. 
I thought they'd just pick a ready-made cake, but they got talking to one of the employees, 
who turned out to be a fellow Doctor Who fan, and they talked her into making this cake.


And for Jonah's party today (we're going swimming at the Winkler pool),
I made another Doctor Who cake (I made a Tardis cake for Austin in May),
but this time, Jonah wanted a dalek.


And lastly, before I go, I want to share the card I made for Jonah....
he's a huge fan of cars and plans on being an automotive mechanic one day, 
so I bought this discontinued set online from a fellow crafter and 
paired it with Papertrey Ink's Label Basics stamp set.


I used three different colours of inks to stamp my panel (PTI's orange zest, Heidi Swapp's Teal 
and SU! Island Indigo) -- Jonah picked the colours.
I cut my panel at an angle and adhered it with dimensional adhesive.

Thanks for looking!

17 comments:

Deb said...

Happy birthday Jonah! I love your card Leigh and the cake you made is awesome!

IamDerby said...

I am in awe over the duct tape hammock. Love the card too.

Lynn said...

Happy birthday Jonah! Love his card and wow on the cake!

Megan Carroll said...

How fun! Love the hammock, the cake and the card....hope Jonah has a great birthday!

victoria h said...

I've never seen a duct tape hammock- that's so cool gotta show this to our scout group! Fab cake and card. In fact I'm feeling the love as I type x

Diana K said...

What a totally fab card! Jonah seems to be very sweet and how fun to make a duck tape hammock together!

Bobby said...

A card maker AND a cake baker? You go, girl! The card is such a great design.

Renee said...

Happy Birthday!!
And what an awesome card...
love it!
And the cakes.
I'd so totally eat those cakes! *giggle*

Lisa Elton said...

Hope Jonah had a wonderful birthday! Fun hammock and a terrific cake too!!

Joyce said...

Happy Birthday to Jonah. Love the card, hammock and cake.

Betty Wright said...

Happy Birthday to Jonah! They do grow up so fast!

The cakes look amazing!

Love the graphic design of your card and the colors!

cm said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Jonah - looks like you had a most fabulous day making a hammock with your mom (seriously, duct tape rocks!) and having special cakes! Awesome!! Wishing you a year filled with all things wonderful!!
~c

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Jonah! Love your thank you card...so very cute!

Tracey McNeely said...

Happy Birthday Jonah! What a fun cake!

alexandra s.m. said...

What a fabulous post leigh!
I can see you had a very rich week of celebration too ;)
First, the DUCT TAPE HAMMOCK = GENIUS!
BRAVO!!
Second: happy Belated BDay Jonah!
3rd: Love these cakes!
4th: what a cute card you made for him ;)

Joan Smith said...

Happy belated birthday Jonah
OMG you cake is too cute and your card so rocks.

Hope your day was absolutely awesome!

staceylovespaper said...

Cute cards! I really want to eat your cake.