Wednesday, September 07, 2011

And we're back....

... to school this week.

We delivered treats to the teachers today, which I think were all appreciated.

However, I didn't want to leave out some special women that I work with.... the secretaries at the high school where I substitute teach. So I packaged up some cookies for them, too. And I made them their own tags, again, using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: creating backgrounds with non-background stamps.


(I apologize for the not-so-great photo. I took it quickly before we left for our school division banquet this morning and didn't realize that it was a little blurry.)

I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (stamper's select white), stamps (Fancy Flourishes (background, Falling Leaves & Fillable Frames #9 (sentiment)), buttons, twine and die (Tag Sale #3). The twill was from a set of dishtowels I bought at Pier 1 Imports several years ago.

Thanks for looking!

17 comments:

Jeannine said...

What a nice gesture! You're so sweet, Leigh. I also like the idea of creating your own background with stamps. I knew there was a way for me to use those stamps more than I am! lol Thank you for the inspiration!

Victoria said...

Love those tags! I don't have the Falling Leaves set, but you're making me want to add it to my wish list! Beautiful job. I'm sure the recipients loved them!

Ally said...

Love it! ;-) I love the fall feel, and the stamps you used for the background. So fun!

Joyce said...

What great packaging. It was 98 degrees here yesterday, and those tags are making me really want fall. I love how you put leaves on the trees and on the ground. How did I never notice that stamp set before? Fortunately, I just got Fancy Flourishes on the forum.

Unknown said...

Love your tag...so fallish! I will have to pull out that stamp now that the cooler temperatures are coming! You were so thoughtful to your fellow teachers! Awesome job!

Elena said...

beautiful tag! I can almost feel the wind blowing across your little tree :)

Elizabeth said...

Adorable tags for those lovely bags of goodies! I know they loved them!!!
e.

Suzanne Russell said...

Fancy Flourishes is the newest addition to my stamp collection! It just arrived today! I love the combination with the fall leaves-Sure looks like the wind blowing them around!

Unknown said...

really pretty trees and leaves!!!

carol (krillsister) said...

beautifu tags. I like how you recycled the twill.

Kristen :-) said...

So festive :-) I love how you made everything fall themed. I also love how you doubled up the leaves. Nice touch!

Kara said...

the fancy flourishes really add to the fall feeling...so pretty!

Jen Adcock said...

Gorgeous! I bet they were thrilled with your wonderful gifts. Those tags are so spiffy. The flourishes really are the delectable icing on the cake. Amazing job!

Amber said...

These are beautiful!

Unknown said...

These are great. Love the colors and the Flourishes you added...nice touch.

Ann said...

Gorgeous! I love how the flourish background looks like the wind blowing the leaves. This is the only Tag sale I passed on but I'm ordering it next time for sure!

Sonia said...

Really love these tags! They make me so happy!