Friday, September 09, 2011

Five for Friday


#1. The kids started school yesterday! Hooray!

Well, Sage and Austin went for their staggered entrance on Tuesday afternoon and Jonah went on Wednesday afternoon. Yesterday, they all went for the whole day.

Yes!

As much as I adore summer and spending two months at home with the three of them, it was definitely time for them to go back. And so, it was time for our yearly first day of school on the front step photo. As you can see by the fingers they're holding up, Austin is now in the 7th grade, Jonah is in grade 4 and Sage is in grade 2.

#2. While the kids were in school yesterday, I tackled a big job that I've been putting off for a long time...


Putting my layouts in albums.

While I don't scrapbook in chronological order, I do like to place my layouts that way in albums. So I took my very large pile and sorted them by month, going back to February 2010.


Then I went through each month and put them in order and then slipped them into page protectors in the albums. I had four albums and was worried that it wouldn't be enough, but thankfully it was and I have room for a few more layouts in the last one. ;)

I got all of my 12x12 layouts done, but I have a bunch of 8.5x11" layouts that still need to be put away. Maybe today...

#3. It's my turn to post the Friday Praise Post at Scrapping Everyday Miracles. You can read my post here, where I share about how thankful I am for the great summer we had.

And here's the layout I made to go with my post (because it's no fun to post without a layout. ;) )


I used American Crafts (white) and PTI cardstock (kraft), The Girl's Paperie patterned paper, My Mind's Eye brads, PTI stamps (Fancy Flourishes) & dies (Beautiful Blooms II #1).

A few close ups:





#4. When I finished this layout, I decided to use the scraps to make a card for Mara's Papertrey Princess Challenge to include a banner on my card.


I used PTI cardstock (simply chartreuse, rustic white, vintage cream), The Girl's Paperie patterned paper, PTI stamps (Fancy Flourishes, Wonderful Words), twine, button & dies (Beautiful Blooms II #1, Two Triangles (to cut the end of the banner)).

#5. And one last card to share.

I made this one after I had made these tags (I just love the efficiency of using supplies more than once before I put them away!) Once again, I used this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: creating backgrounds with non-background stamps.


I used PTI cardstock (stamper's select white, hawaiian shores), stamps (Big & bold Wishes, Happy Trails) and die (Happy Trails). I also used some Pink Paislee patterned paper.

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Everytime I see something you make, it makes to want to run into my craft room and create! I love the big flourish on the LO and those gorgeous colors and papers!

And, wow, that's a lot of pages, great job!!

Unknown said...

Okay, how do you find the time? My land look at all those pages. It's been so long since I did a page I'll never get caught up. Another beautiful page...and cards!

Marlo said...

I love your LO and your cards! That green flourish with the brads is to die for!

Kristen :-) said...

Holy Cow you have been busy!!! Thanks for sharing! I have never noticed those flourish stamps before, but I love what you have done with them! :-)

Sarah said...

You've convinced me! I need to get my sewing machine out.

Elena said...

amazing! I never thought I NEEDED happy trails until you started working with that set so much! Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Love your cards but I am even more impressed with the number of scrapbook pages you completed! WOW!! I am sure you feel great having accomplished so much!

Kara said...

i love seeing all of those pages stacked up like that!! great cards!!

Elizabeth said...

I am inspired by your projects!! I love the kids new school photo that you take every year! I didn't take one of A yet, time got away from us so fast! Am taking them this weekend! LOL.

Have a great weekend Leigh!
e.

Becky Carafa said...

Wow, your page and cards are LOVELY!!! Great layouts and colors.

Karen Veneracion Flores said...

You make me want to start scrapbooking! Your card is just amazing, love the color combo.

Joyce said...

Wow. I'm so glad I just bought Fancy Flourishes. I had never seen it used like that, and it's gorgeous. You have a lot of scrapbook pages. I'm sure your kids will love to look through them often. Love the picture. Sage looks so cute without her front teeth. And, I hadn't realized you also have a 7th grader. That's a great age, yes?