Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A couple of birthday cards

Our church's secretary, Pam, sent me an email yesterday, asking if I would make five cards for the residents of the Tabor Home who are celebrating birthdays this month.

So, last night, I sat down at my table and decided that my Iconic Images stamp set would work perfectly.

So, I made this card (in conjunction with the Authentique Paper September Colour Challenge):


I used Authentique patterned paper, Papertrey Ink cardstock (rustic white), stamps (Iconic Images, Communique Sentiments) and die (Mat Stack #5).

And then, I made this card...


I used K&Company patterned paper, Papertrey Ink cardstock (rustic white), stamps (Iconic Images, Communique Sentiments) and die (Mat Stack #4). The little pearls are SU!

And then I made two more like the latter. For the one gentleman celebrating his birthday, I made a masculine card using some Cosmo Cricket and my Leaf Prints stamps, but the picture I took of it didn't turn out.

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Leigh,
both cards are beautiful. the pattern paper you used is to die for. My favorite card is the first. The color combination is so eyecatching. I love how the color of the pitcher blends beautifully with the background paper.

Joyce said...

How kind of you to make those cards. They are both lovely. They remind me that I forgot to open that set! But, I really should try to find it.

Elena said...

beautiful cards - and so nice that you're well known enough to be asked to make them :)

Unknown said...

Your cards are just beautiful! I love the color combinations. Your receipents are so lucky!

Rhonda said...

The folks that receive these will be thrilled. Nicely done Leigh!

xoxo... t said...

That's really nice of you, Leigh. Tey are both beautiful!

Marybeth said...

Great cards, how nice of you to make the cards for them. How nice to be asked to make them.

Misty said...

Super sweet of you to do that! Love that you're playing along with the color challenge!!

-Misty
Authentique Design Team

Tifany said...

Fabulous!
Thanks for playing along in Authentique Paper's Color Challenge!

-Tifany
http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/
{Authentique Paper DT Coordinator}

Jen Adcock said...

Aww Leigh, both cards are so pretty. They look so very regal. Magnificent job with them both. The papers used and ink colors are so fabby!

plastic cards said...

Ooh! That's clever!