Saturday, September 03, 2011

Gratitude Journal part 1

When I found out that my sister-in-law, Sally, was reading the book: One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, I decided to make her a Gratitude Journal in which to keep her list.

I ordered a kraft binder from Papertrey Ink, as well as some Rustic White cardstock. In Word, I designed my lines and printed them out on both sides of each 8x5.5" sheet of cardstock. I also printed the lines on the back of several sheets of patterned paper to add to the journal.

For the whole journal, I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (rustic white, vintage cream, fine linen), stamps (Falling Leaves, Fall Elegance, Fancy Flourishes, Leaf Prints, Modern Woodgrain Mats, Gratitude Journal, Iconic Images), dies (Journal Tags, Mat Stack #4 & #5, Leaf Prints) & felt (ocean tides). I also used We R Memory Keepers patterned paper & a Hero Arts little owl stamp.

So here's the first part of the journal. You can see part 2 here.

(I should add that for every two page spread, I added some stamped images on one of the pages. So you could see them better, I just took a picture of the page that had the stamping on it. The other side just has the lines.)
















For this page, I used this week's Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #30: Coloured Pencils. I used my SU! pencils to colour in this little Hero Arts owl stamp.

Here's a close up:





I love how I was able to curve some of the sentiments to match the curve of the flourishes or branches.




Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Suzanne Russell said...

This is truly a special gift! I hope your SIL fills it completely. I know she is grateful for you!

Kristin said...

what a FANTASTIC gift idea! :)

carol (krillsister) said...

Leigh,
This is soooo beautiful! You put a lot of thought into this. I love the color combinations.
Those tabs are awesome. Love the stitching on them.

Marlo said...

I LOVE this Leigh! I love your colors. She will love this

Kristen :-) said...

I dont even know where to start! I love the colors, I love those leaves (you are such an enabler!) but I think my favorite thing was the Life is Beautiful curved around the flourish! Thank you for the inspiration! I am hoping to start on mine for my cousins very soon!

Holly Saveur said...

SOOOOOOO gorgeous ..love the colors /papers...such a sweet gift.
She will be so happy with it I think!

Marybeth said...

Wow! This is going to be a wonderful gift. What a great job you have done on this . I love the leaves and the beautiful subtle colors you chose ,perfect .

Snooks said...

this is the best "grateful" journal that I have seen. Your SIL will love it. You did a beautiful job with the stamping...everything was just perfect!!

Unknown said...

Love the colors you used. Great job!

Ally said...

This is soooo beautiful Leigh! She will love it!