Monday, September 19, 2011

Fearfully & Wonderfully Made

It's time for another challenge on the Scrapping Everyday Miracles blog. This week's challenge is from Wendy and she challenges us to firstly, consider ourselves a miracle - perfectly crafted by the Creator, and to create a layout celebrating yourself.

The Scrap Twist: You must use a picture of yourself (it can be the whole you or just a part) and make sure to include some handwritten journaling to celebrate that gift also!

In her challenge, Wendy quoted the verse from Psalm 139:14: "I am fearfully and wonderfully made," so I took that as my starting place for my journaling, which reads: "The Bible says that "I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Why then, do I struggle so much against my flaws? Is it best to accept them as "how I was made"? Or, should I treat them as opportunities for growth? I'm thinking the latter..."

And here's my layout:


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock, stamps (Button Boutique) and dies (Button Boutique, Bloom Builders #3), and My Mind's Eye patterned paper and decorative brads.

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Joyce said...

That is such a nice photo of you--and great layout, too. It's probably a good thing that your challenge forces you to include yourself in your scrapbook, or you probably never would.

Deb said...

This is beautiful! I love the paper and color choice. And, of course, your photo is gorgeous. Fabulous job!

Unknown said...

Beautiful layout and colors..and a great challenge too.

@JoyceCasaldi said...

I didn't realize until now that I didn't have you on my PTI princesses blog roll, I'm so sorry and will fix it right now!

Elizabeth said...

Leigh I love your work!!! I love how clean-lined you scrap girl. I wished we lived close to one another!!!
e.