Sunday, September 25, 2011

PTI September Blog Hop



Once again, I decided to play along with this month's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop. This month's challenge was another inspiration challenge, using this photo:



The photo left me feeling a little stumped at first. Then I realized that I could use my new Distressed Stripes stamp set. I had just bought On My Couch from an online friend and thought that a little striped couch would be adorable.... but would I get the set on time?

So I came up with this card:


I used PTI cardstock (pure poppy, stamper's select white, harvest gold), stamps (distressed stripes, modern wood mats, big & bold wishes), dies (edger #3, beautiful blooms II #1) and button. The twine is My Mind's Eye.

Then, on Friday, my On My Couch sets arrived in the mail!

So I made this card:


I used PTI cardstock (hawaiian shores, kraft, dark chocolate, pure poppy, stamper's select white), stamps (distressed stripes, On My Couch & On My Couch additions), dies (edger #3, mat stack #5).

So I guess it was two for one from me this time! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

24 comments:

Kara said...

love them both, but the first one is my favorite!! love everything about it!!

Sara Mac said...

Two wonderful cards Leigh! Love the striped couch. Your layouts on both are great.

Karen C. said...

Love both your cards today. Leigh!! The first one has so many awesome details and the diagonal stamping is very effective. The striped couch on the second one is just adorable.

Marge said...

Ohhh, I love BOTH -- GREAT cards (as always)!!!

Unknown said...

You make the best cards! I lone these so much.

Kristen :-) said...

How can I pick just one? Love them both - love the colors.. I think my favorite is that in the second card, the way the mat lines up with the edgers die... its so aesthetically pleasing :-)

Joyce said...

Love them both. So cool how you used the lines on the diagonal. And, we won't talk about your card using On My Couch.....just kidding, love that one too. Great idea to use as upholstery.

Anonymous said...

Both of them are gorgeous! I wouldn't mind to have that striped couch on my living room :D

Ally said...

Great cards, Leigh. ;-) I love how you used the colors and stripes on each of them. Wonderful interpretation of the photo stripes and colors. ;-)

Tracey McNeely said...

Both cards are great, I love the first one. Sentiment is perfect.

Unknown said...

Both cards are amazing. Love the couch..very cute.

merryf said...

Leigh, both of these are super-cute! I love them both; the stripes look great!

carol (krillsister) said...

Cute cards. Love the crinkled flower on the first card. That striped couch is so cute too. Glad your stamp set arrived in time.

Keva said...

Both are really cool, but the first one EEALLY stands out for me. Love it!

Deb said...

These are fabulous as always! I anxiously awaited your Distress Stripes and was not disappointed.

Susan Rob said...

So fun Leigh. Love that stripped couch!

Marlo said...

Really nice Leigh! love the striped couch!

Jen Adcock said...

Both fantastic! Love the WB card, so folksy-fab and of course, everyone needs a stripey couch. Perfection on both counts.

Becky Carafa said...

These are so great! I love the striped couch!

Luanne said...

Love both cards! That little couch is adorable! Cute!

Kristii said...

I absolutely love both of your cards!!! You totally rocked the challenge!!!

Kay D said...

These are both great, but the striped couch just knocked my socks off- LOVE!

Cibele Glazer said...

You hit it right on! Both cards are fabulous!

Laurie said...

These are gorgeous! I love the stripes in the diagonal! What a fun look! I love all of your cards missy!! (and layouts too!)