Thursday, September 01, 2011

Pages with Papertrey -- Challenge #1

I'm sure it's no secret that I'm a huge fan of Papertrey Ink. Not only are their products amazing, but their forum is first class and filled with the nicest crafters! Since joining their boards back in March, I have felt so welcomed and encouraged!

So, in an effort to "give back" a little, I've decided to issue some scrapbooking challenges in the scrapbooking forum there, seeing as there is a bit of a need in that area. I'll be issuing two challenges per month, one on the 1st and another on the 15th, with the 15th's challenge being a sketch.

So, here's challenge #1: Use a Papertrey Ink stamp set and die on your layout. It doesn't have to be coordinating (i.e. Turning a New Leaf stamp set with Turning a New Leaf dies), but it can be.

Bonus points if you use a PTI Impression Plate, too. ;)

Here's my layout:


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (stamper's select white, plum pudding), stamps (Gratitude Journal, In Bloom), dies (Half & Half), impression plate (Woodgrain), buttons & twine. I also used Lily Bee patterned paper & Fancy Pants brads. For the title, I used my Cuttlebug Harmony Alphabet dies.

Here's a close up:


For my journaling, I stamped one of the Gratitude Journal stamps on a piece of white cardstock that I'd cut out with my Half & Half die. I then used the Gratitude Journal lined stamp to make the lines for my journaling and tucked it all behind my photo.





So, if you'd like to play along with Challenge #1, you just need to link your layout to this thread in the PTI forum. If you do so before October 1st, you'll have your name put in the draw to win a prize, generously donated by Joyce.

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Very pretty page!! I love the color palette! It is a great challenge.

Marlo said...

Very pretty Leigh! I love how you can use purple so well!

Joyce said...

Great challenge and scrapbook pages.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the great challenge, Leigh!

Your page is gorgeous, such soft color and I love the pull-out journaling!

Mara Campbell said...

Beautiful layout and great challenge!!

Elizabeth said...

How cool you are doing challenges Leigh! I am sure everyone will do them, after all you create some awesome stuff using their products!!!!

I love your family page. It made me smile because having a family no matter how it is, is a wonderful thing!
e.

Emma said...

Such a pretty page!! Those colours are just beautiful. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate my PTI stamps into layouts so I think I will have to join in :)