Friday, September 02, 2011

Five for Friday


1. This summer, Austin & I read the Harry Potter book series "together." Not out loud together, but at the same time. Most of the time, I was one book behind. They were excellent.

Then, we watched the movies together. This would take place in the evening, after Jonah & Sage had gone to bed. Some nights we would stay up late and watch a whole one, but other nights, we'd split one movie over a couple of evenings.

On Monday, I took Austin to Winnipeg to see Part Two of the Deathly Hallows. I didn't realize until we got there that it was in 3D (Austin was super excited about that!) And, we almost had a private viewing, as we were the only ones in the theatre for a while before the movie started. But right at the end, four more people showed up. Still, it was great!

2. Last night, my friends, Susan and Mandy, and I went out for supper for our birthdays and then came back to my house to scrapbook together. I worked on a Gratitude Journal for my SIL. Such a great, much-needed, girl time!

3. We are pretty much ready for back to school, next Tuesday (for Austin & Sage), Wednesday (for Jonah) and Thursday (for all three, all day.) Their backpacks are packed and ready to go. The only thing left is to make some treats for their teachers. I'm thinking of making these cookies and wrapping them up in some fun packaging. (Stay tuned, as I'm sure I'll post photos here in the near future...)

4. We got a game from Trevor, Tatiana and Noah when they were out in June. It's called Chromino and it's been quite the hit this summer. It's like dominoes, but with colours and is really fun. The nice thing is that all of my kids can play on their own and it's pretty even. Sage won this evening. ;)

5. And because I like to post a card or a layout...


I made this layout a few weeks ago, but I don't think I've posted it yet. (Forgive me if I have already...)

I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (stamper's select white, raspberry fizz), stamps & dies (Wonderful words). The patterned paper is Cosmo Cricket.

Thanks for looking & have a great (long) weekend!

6 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Leigh,
Your son is a spitting image of you. I loved the harry Potter books too. However, I've never seen any of the movies.
those cookies look divine. I'll probably make them soon.

Love the layout. Those colors are so vibrant. Beautiful pictures too.

Joyce said...

Sounds like you had a very nice summer. Love the layout. That raz fizz is one of my fave PTI colors. Too bad I can only use it for one of my kiddos.

euna said...

I was just about to say "your son is a spitting image of you" (yes, exactly in those words) then I saw Carol's comment. LOL. Great minds think alike! haha.

Love your layout as always. You have a fantastic style and an eye for scrapbooking. Love the stitched edges (just makes me want a sewing machine even more!). Great colours as well!

PS - thanks for the lovely comments on my blog!

Joy said...

Great blog post Leigh..sounds like you have had a lot of fun and complete the post would not be the same without seeing one of your gorgeous creations, like this one..hugs

Marlo said...

Love it Leigh! So amazing how you manage to use such great colors!

Debbie Gaydos said...

So so cute! Love the use of the WW dies and stamps! Beautiful page!