Friday, September 02, 2011
Five for Friday
1. This summer, Austin & I read the Harry Potter book series "together." Not out loud together, but at the same time. Most of the time, I was one book behind. They were excellent.
Then, we watched the movies together. This would take place in the evening, after Jonah & Sage had gone to bed. Some nights we would stay up late and watch a whole one, but other nights, we'd split one movie over a couple of evenings.
On Monday, I took Austin to Winnipeg to see Part Two of the Deathly Hallows. I didn't realize until we got there that it was in 3D (Austin was super excited about that!) And, we almost had a private viewing, as we were the only ones in the theatre for a while before the movie started. But right at the end, four more people showed up. Still, it was great!
2. Last night, my friends, Susan and Mandy, and I went out for supper for our birthdays and then came back to my house to scrapbook together. I worked on a Gratitude Journal for my SIL. Such a great, much-needed, girl time!
3. We are pretty much ready for back to school, next Tuesday (for Austin & Sage), Wednesday (for Jonah) and Thursday (for all three, all day.) Their backpacks are packed and ready to go. The only thing left is to make some treats for their teachers. I'm thinking of making these cookies and wrapping them up in some fun packaging. (Stay tuned, as I'm sure I'll post photos here in the near future...)
4. We got a game from Trevor, Tatiana and Noah when they were out in June. It's called Chromino and it's been quite the hit this summer. It's like dominoes, but with colours and is really fun. The nice thing is that all of my kids can play on their own and it's pretty even. Sage won this evening. ;)
5. And because I like to post a card or a layout...
I made this layout a few weeks ago, but I don't think I've posted it yet. (Forgive me if I have already...)
I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (stamper's select white, raspberry fizz), stamps & dies (Wonderful words). The patterned paper is Cosmo Cricket.
Thanks for looking & have a great (long) weekend!