Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pages with Papertrey -- Sketch Challenge #1

As part of the Pages with Papertrey challenges I'm posting every month, I decided to post a sketch challenge mid-month as well.

I love sketches! I find them a great starting point for a layout. Sometimes I follow the sketch exactly, and other times, I'll change things (the # of photos, the placement of the title, etc.) or turn or flip the sketch. There are so many options with sketches....

For my first, Pages With Papertrey sketch, I decided to revisit a sketch that I used earlier this year. It's this sketch from the Crate Paper blog, posted in April.


Here's the layout that I made for it earlier this year...


I used AC cardstock, Crate Paper patterned paper, my Quickutz Jolly alphabet dies, Papertrey Ink dies (Mat Stack #1, Beautiful Blooms II #2) and My Mind's Eye brads.

And here's the layout I made using this same sketch last week:


As you can see, I used two photos instead of the suggested three and put some patterned paper in the space of the third photo instead.

I used AC (white) and Papertrey (sweet blush) cardstock, Studio Calico & October Afternoon patterned paper, Studio Calico & Lily Bee letter stickers, Papertrey Ink stamps (modern wood mats) & dies (Mat Stack #5, Bloom Builders #3) and My Mind's Eye decorative brads and a Fancy Pants fabric covered brad.

Here are a couple of close ups:





If you'd like to play along with this sketch challenge, just post your layout in this thread on the Papertrey Ink forum.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Such a sweet layout. Sage looks so happy on her horse.

Deb said...

These are great layouts, Leigh! I am off to get scrappy...