Sunday, October 26, 2014

Inspired by Pinterest

Today, I have a fun fall card that I was inspired to make when I saw this photo on Pinterest:


I loved this image with the leaves being cut from the multi-coloured dough -- so fun!

I immediately thought of the Scrumptious Autumn Haze patterned paper and 
how it has the cool large variegated stripes in four different colours:


I pulled a sheet of it from the Scrumptious 6x6 paper pad and die cut it with a leaf die.

IMGP1284-001


I adhered those leaves to some white card stock to make my card:

IMGP1298

I matted the white card stock onto another piece of the mini Autumn Haze paper 
that I trimmed down to 4.25x5.5", making sure that I lined the leaves up with the matted edge.
I trimmed the sentiment out from another piece of paper from the 6x6 pad 
and trimmed off the edge with a banner die. 
I added some buttons, twine and a Scrumptious mini-brad.

To add a little dimension & interest, I curled the ends of the leaves a little with my fingers before adhering them to my card.

IMGP1299-001



Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

I love this Leigh!

Kay Miller said...

This is beautiful! What a fun photo to be inspired by! Love what you did with it!

cm said...

You've translated the photo inspiration into a most lovely fall card. Gorgeous. Now I want to that cookie dough recipe...
~c

Megan Carroll said...

Love your card and photos of your process, have a great day!

Tracey McNeely said...

You were fabulously inspired my friend!