Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Reverse Confetti SFYTT #17

It's the first of the month, which means that 
I have a card to share for the Reverse Confetti Sketch for You to Try #17: 


October is looking like a busy month for our family...
We have a taekwondo tournament we're volunteering at (refereeing) on the 4th,
Jonah & I are going to see Walking with Dinosaurs on the 11th 
and the following weekend, my friend & I are going down to Minneapolis
to attend the Women of Faith conference (& do a little shopping in
Albertville & at the Mall of America.)
So, I decided to make her a card in anticipation of our trip, 
using the sketch.


Isn't it cute?
I started with some Crate Paper Notes & Things patterned paper
and paired it with a Maggie Holmes Styleboard frame.
Then, I cut a panel of rustic white card stock and stamped it using I Like You.
I stamped the leaves from Petals 'n Posies under the sentiment, as well 
as on the card stock background.
I inked up some card stock using my Tim Holtz blending tool and 
two shades of ink (hibiscus burst & raspberry fizz). 
I die cut it three times using a die from Petals 'n Posies Confetti Cuts
and stamped the centres in ocean tides.


 


Be sure to head on over to the Reverse Confetti blog to see
the other designers' takes on the sketch and to play along, if you'd like.

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Aww, what a cute sentiment, Leigh! That just makes me smile. And the flowers are adorable, too. LOVE that ampersand paper in the background. What a perfect match for your greeting!

Joni Andaya said...

Gorgeous Leigh!!!

Alanna said...

Super cute card. That patterned paper is perfect for this.

Nathalie said...

Really cute! I like the ampersand background and the darling sentiment :)