Saturday, October 25, 2014

Papertrey Ink October Blog Hop

It's the 25th, which means that there are two months left until Christmas.
Have you started your shopping yet?

It also means that today is the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop. :)

This month, we were given six colour combos to inspire us to make holiday cards.
And I used each one.

Here are the six cards that I made, using the colour combos...




For my first card, I used a combination of Betsy Veldman's dies -- 
both the Shaker Shapes: Square dies for my frame & the Tinsel & Tag Kit dies
to create my little scene.
The banner is also from Tinsel & Tags, as well as the fun snow I added.




For this card, I used some polka dot patterned paper (sorry, I don't know the brand!)
and paired it with PTI's Bells & Boughs stamp set and dies.
I used the rock & roll technique for inking up my poinsettias.
I die cut my border from New Leaf card stock using PTI's Heart border die.
The sentiment was stamped with Wet Paint Holidays.




For the third colour combo, I used some Heidi Swapp patterned paper as my background.
Again, I used stamps & dies from the Tinsel & Tags kit, which I layered onto a Mat Stack 4 diecut.




Here, I used the Shaker Shapes: Snow Globe and paired it with PTI's City Scene.
I had fun masking and stamping my little winter scene!
I added some glitter to my snow globe.
For my sentiment, I die cut the "merry" using my Wet Paint Holidays Cuts.
The "Christmas"  is from the Sparkle & Shine Holiday stamp set.
The stripe along the bottom is from the County Fair MIM.




Here, I used the Shaker Shapes: Ornament dies. 
I die cut my "sparkle" die cut from some silver shimmer card stock.
The sentiments are from the Sparkle & Shine Holidays stamp set.
I used some Lawn Fawn twine at the top.

Here's a close up of the shimmery "Sparkle":



And lastly....



Here, I used the new Tinsel & Tags stamp set and dies.
The banner is popped up with some dimensional adhesive.

Thanks for looking!

40 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness...your talent never ceases to amaze me Leigh. These are all absolutely fabulous.

Kristie Goulet said...

Ditto Lynn's comment! WOW!!!

Connie MacFarlane said...

These are all absolutely fabulous Leigh! I especially like the fifth one.

Nancy Penir said...

Leigh, you're amazing! Each one a beauty and standout on it's own. Gotta say, the snow globe, in those colors is a favorite!

Donna C. said...

I love your cards so much!

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE every one of your cards Leigh! Your designs are always so CAS and yet just beautiful...I am always inspired by your work! :0)

Lynn Put said...

Beautiful cards, Leigh! Each card is designed so wonderfully and I love how you've used the inspiration colors.

Linda said...

Wow Leigh you have been so busy. Lovely projects. I think my favorite is the ornament.

Betty Wright said...

I just love this kit! I should have purchased it! Wonderfully done, Leigh!

Cammie said...

Wow! Wow! Wow....Each card is so delightful!

Carol D said...

The third one is my favorite - love the darker colors and that design is great. But I really love that you did one in each color combo! What versatility!

Nancy said...

So many beautiful creations! I LOVE them all! I think my favorite is the first little scene. The pastel colors make it seem icy!

Casey said...

What cool cards! I really like the non-traditional colors you used.

Nathalie said...

Wow! Amazing set of cards! I though some of those combos were a bit hard but man, you did an awesome job with every single one!!!

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness! These are some awesome cards! So colorful!

Tenia Nelson said...

These cards ROCK!!!!!

Joni Andaya said...

Wonderful projects Leigh...my fave is the snow globe :)

Nancy Guse said...

Each of your cards are beautiful! The second one is my favorite.

Kathy Mc said...

WOW, Leigh, you've been busy! Seeing lots of products used that I wish I had ordered but tring to control spending. Hard thing to do when I peruse blogs like yours. Great cards as usual.

Joyce said...

I just knew you would make something with each of the colors. They are all just beautiful, especially the one from City Scene.

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Awesome projects as always Leigh!

Rhonda said...

Oh my! Too much eye candy! Love the sparkle.

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous collection of cards, Leigh! My favorite is the Sparkle Ornament - love the way you have used the colors.

Sarah said...

love all your projects, the last card is my favourite.x

Colleen said...

Leigh, I can't pick a favorite, they are all awesome! Fabulous collection of Holiday cards!!

Colleen said...

I cannot pick a favorite because they are all awesome, Leigh!

Erin said...

Beautiful cards, Leigh! All are gorgeous!

Jennifer K said...

These are all awesome!!

Keri said...

Such perfection, Leigh! Every one is unique. I think my fave...if I have to choose...is the snow globe city scene. :)

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Gorgeous. All are beautiful but the city scene in the snow globe is my favorite.

BethieJ said...

WOW!! All of your cards are FABULOUS!! Great job on using all the color combos!!!
Happy Hopping!! :)
Have a GREAT day!!

Marge said...

These are ALL fabulous, but I think your Sparkle ornament card is my FAV -- beautiful work!!!

Lesley said...

Love them all, Leigh!

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

Everything is beautiful but I like your snowy little scene the best!

Mary said...

So many cute ideas! I really love the city scene in the snowglobe - will have to remember that! And the Sparkle ornament - beautiful!

Birgit said...

Wow! You really rocked all the color combo's and your cards are awesome!

cm said...

When I saw the 'peek' of your card appear on my Feedly, I had no idea I'd be treated to a gallery of gorgeous! Leigh: these are amazing, festive, fabulous, creative and all-around joyful. In awe! I'm going back to look more closely, and delight more deeply. Your creativity and talent: a gift to all of us!
~c

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! You went crazy - in the best possible way! WOW!!! Each card prettier than the last. Love them all. You made the color recipes come to life. Really enjoyed your wonderful post. :-)

Miriam Prantner said...

Wow! You were busy! I really love the holiday cards with the nontraditional color combos and love how you used the MIM kit, really cute scenes!

Wida said...

did you get a new blog look? I want a new look too, haven't had time to research it though. I am also still drooling over the Betsy kit. Do yo think its worth it? Tedious? afraid it is tedious...