Friday, October 17, 2014

Some cards for Sage


As I mentioned yesterday, I'm away in Minneapolis this weekend
for the Women of Faith Conference.
Sage wasn't very excited about me leaving her with the boys for the weekend,
so I made her a set of cards so that she could open one each evening.
I also wrote out her blessing in there for each night.

Here are the cards I made her, using this week's MIM at Papertrey Ink: Gold-Dipped Die-cuts
For each card, I used a sentiment from Slide Frame (I thought the tiny sentiments looked so cute!)
and leaves cut with the leaf from Nuts For You dies from American Crafts patterned paper
that I dipped in gold embossing powder and heated.


Here I stamped the squirrel from Nuts For You and water coloured him in.
 

Here, I water coloured the fox from Hello, Foxy.


And one last one with the kitty from Cat's Meow.

I love how they are all playing in the patterned paper, gold dipped leaves!

Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

These are adorable Leigh and should lift Sage's spirits!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the soft watercoloring and that you leave these notes for Sage, so special!

Jennifer K said...

What a good mama you are! I bet Sage will love having a piece of you every day.

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGosh, these are adorable, Leigh! I LOVE the little critters and LOVE the CAS design. You are right, those little sentiments look SO cute. And seriously in love with the gold dipped leaves. You are so cute to make these for little Sage while you are gone. She is going to really love them!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

These are super cute and what a great idea!

Tracey McNeely said...

Adorable card Leigh! Sage will love these and the love they were made with!

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet of you! I'm sure she will be so excited to open one every day while your gone, have fun!

Nathalie said...

These are adorable! I really like the watercolor "frame" you did around each critter! Clever and pretty!

cm said...

What a wonderful way to let Sage know you're thinking of her while you're on your trip! She'll adore the little critters, playing in their gold-embossed leaves! Sweet, thoughtful, heart-warming! You're an awesome mom!
~c

Kara said...

so cute and sweet!

Nancy Penir said...

Such a sweet thought for Sage! These are adorable. Love the patterns on each leaf and the softness of the whole scene.

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwww...these are SO sweet Leigh, and what a perfect little pick me up for Sage! Love your gilded leaves too! :0)

Monica K. said...

Adorable cards, Leigh!

Joyously Noelle said...

These are the sweetest!

Joyce said...

These are so darn cute, and how nice that you know Sage will appreciate them. Maybe even CASE you, too. Hope you had a great trip.

Daria G. said...

Love those so much
!!! :)))