Sunday, October 12, 2014

Make It Monday #183: Dry Embossing over Heat Embossing

Hi there!
I'm popping in with a second post for today.... 
I'm going to Minneapolis later this week with a group of women from my church
to the Women of Faith Conference and I was asked to make
some envelopes for the gift cards/certificates we're giving away as prizes on the bus.
I decided to make them all with this week's 

I decided to use the same sentiment (from Wet Paint III) and IP (Woodgrain) on each one.


On this one, I heat embossed the coffee cup (from Scent-imentals) and the border 
(from the County Fair MIM kit) with aqua embossing powder. 


On this one, I heat embossed the sentiment and added the "just for you"
and the border (both from the County Fair MIM kit). 
For this one, I used the new PTI pocket journaling card die.


For the next three, I stamped the leaves (from Turning a New Leaf) in different colours,
stamped my sentiment in versafine black and heat embossed it in clear.



And on this one, I heat embossed the sentiment in dark brown embossing powder.


And for these last two, I stamped the ferris wheel from the County Fair MIM kit
and heat embossed the sentiment in white (above) and in butter (below).


Thanks for looking! 

8 comments:

Megan Carroll said...

These are all so great!! Have a great trip... And happy Thanksgiving!

~amy~ said...

Such awesome gift card holders!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, wow! These are gorgeous, Leigh!

Jennifer K said...

They are all just perfect. I love the woodgrain impression plate and it looks even better over these images.

cm said...

Your trip sounds wonderful- and the prizes certainly are thoughtful added touches to the journey. Your envelopes: absolutely splendid. In fact, these gems are prizes in and of themselves! Pretty, unique and pure delights! Those little extras - like envelopes - sure amp up the impact of any gift...
~c

Joyce said...

Fabulous envelopes. Your church is lucky to have your artistic talents.

Kara said...

awesome prizes in awesome packaging!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Amazing GC holders. Love the great textures.