Sunday, November 01, 2015

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge -- Plush & Plaid



It's time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!


eyefordesignlfd.blogspot.com
The LEAD of the Plush & Plaid Challenge will be invited as a
Guest Designer in a future challenge!
Please visit the Curtain Call Challenge Blog for all the challenge info and deadline.
These plaids look so cozy and warm!
I didn't have any plaid patterned paper in my stash, so
I decided to create my own for my card.


I started with a piece of orange zest cardstock.
Oh this, I stamped my SSS Wide Stripes stamp in Wplus9 Warm Wool ink twice --
once horizontally and a second time vertically.
I let the ink dry and covered it with my embossing tool.
Then, using an emboss marker and ruler, I drew lines, which I embossed
using Zing! Butter embossing powder.
Then, I repeated this process using red Zing! embossing powder.
I trimmed my panel at an angle so the plaid would appear on an angle.
  

I adhered a panel over the plaid, which I stamped using SSS Big Scripty Sentiments.
I stamped some MFT Fall Florals stamps on coordinating diecuts.
A couple of buttons and twine finish it off.

Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration!
Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

~amy~ said...

Leigh! I love this!

!neke said...

Love it !
Great patterned paper !
Ineke X

Cindy C. said...

Wonderful take from the inspiration photo!! Very lovely card Leigh!

Marisa said...

Yoru focal cluster is fabulous! Great layout and card.

Sheri Gilson said...

Lovely card, Leigh! Perfect take on this weeks inspiration!

Betty Wright said...

I love the plaid paper you created! I literally thought it was store bought at first. Terrific card!

Kay Miller said...

You are so smart to make your own plaid! I looks great! Love the little cluster of flowers too!

Megan Carroll said...

Love your DIY plaid!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific job making the plaid border Leigh, this is simply delightful!!

Melody said...

That plaid is amazing! Love your cluster of embellishments!

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful, Leigh! Love your take on the inspiration photo!

Svitlana Shayevich said...

Your plaid is amazing!
Such a cozy and warm card!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Leigh. The plaid border looks wonderful. The heat embossing is perfect. The flowers are so pretty.

Nancy Thomas said...

I love that you created your own plaid paper and the cluster of elements in the corner is perfectly arranged.

cm said...

Your plaid paper is marvelous...such a lovely palette for your lovely focal cluster! Love this rustic look...you card exudes 'warmth' the same way the inspiration blankets do...
Hugs~c

Kim S said...

Fabulous card - LOVE the plaid you have created. And I love your arrangement of those Fall Florals!