Friday, November 13, 2015

Sharing a little kindness

Happy World Kindness Day!
 
I've been really enjoying the Share Handmade Kindness Challenges
on Jennifer McGuire's blog this month and decided to play along with
 
I partnered with Sage and we decided to make some cookies and a card
for the staff at our town library.
She made the cookies & I made the card.
 
 
I decided to go with a "book theme", so I cut out five strips of cardstock
and stamped along the bottom and top of each one with one of the road stamps
from PTI's City Scene and heat embossed them in gold.
 
For the spines of the books, I stamped them with words found in PTI's
Phrase Play 1 & 2 stamp set --- they are words to describe what we appreciate
about the library and the people that work there.
 
 
I stamped the sentiment (from SSS's Big Scripty Sentiments) in versamark
and heat embossed it in gold on the card base, after running it through
my diecutting machine with the PTI Book Print impression plate.

 
For my colours, I was inspired by this month's Pinterest Inspired Challenge:
 
 
And I'm also liking this up to Virginia's View Challenge #20: All About Textures.
 
Thanks for looking!


19 comments:

!neke said...

Great those books !!!!!
Love them !
Ineke X

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so pretty! I'm sure they were tickled pink, Leigh, what a thoughtful thing for you to do!

Svitlana Shayevich said...

I can just say - wow! Love colorful and graphic design!

Joyce said...

Amazing card, and I'm sure the librarians will so appreciate your kindness. And, the cookies!

Lisa Elton said...

Love what you and Sage did Leigh and your card is terrific!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Sorry pretty! Love the colorful books!

lostinpaper said...

What a beautiful post Leigh, also I love the idea of the bound books for inspiration, you are amazing!

Deepti said...

You guys are so thoughtful and I love ur idea on the card, so very creative and perfect for your library folks:)

laurie said...

Awesome card, SO creative!

Miriam Prantner said...

I love your books, this is so clever! I got those PTI book dies and I haven't used them yet....

Teresa Doyle said...

I love this card Leigh. What a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

I think that was a great idea. LOVE your card, it's just perfect.

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, Leigh, this will be treasured! What a beautiful card! I'm totally in love with the gold binding!

Celeste Goff said...

Wow, what a fabulous card! Love how you created the books!

Megan Carroll said...

What a wonderful card! Your DIY books are so fabulous and I love the sentiments you chose! So creative!

Brandi said...

I looooove this card! Love the book theme! I wish I could make one of these for the girls in my book club!

Creative world said...

This is gorgeus idea,loveeeee it :)

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGosh, how genius! Books from cardstock strips and road stamps!! You are amazing!

cm said...

Once again, the dynamic duo of you and your daughter are bringing smiles and happiness to others! A batch of cookies (vanilla pudding chocolate chip...yummo!) and this card: definitely awesome! You two create such joy...
Hugs~c