Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Thinking of you

Just wanted to share a card that I made this weekend at the request
of a friend from church.
She wanted a masculine thinking of you card,
so I decided to use my PTI Guiding Lights stamp set.


I diecut the background using the PTI Blues Skies cover plate
and inked the land and water with a Tim Holtz blending tool.
I stamped the sentiment (from Simon Says Stamp's Hand Lettered Winter stamp set)
and birds directly onto the background.


I diecut the lighthouse and stamped that in pure poppy
and onyx black.
I adhered the panel to a piece of aqua mist cardstock.

I'm also linking this up to this week's 

Thanks for looking!

19 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Beautiful card!

Amy Rohl said...

What a beautiful card, Leigh!

Ruth said...

That's beautiful - I love that stamp set. The background - the clouds and sky give it so much texture. It's really lovely. Xx

Anonymous said...

Really pretty Leigh!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card Leigh, love it!!

Diana K said...

Love this one, Leigh. I'm thinking I may need that lighthouse set after all :)

karenb said...

I love this, Leigh!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so happy to get a close up on this, Leigh! Those clouds are all in one? Fabulous!
=] Michele

Lisa Petrella said...

Beautiful card, Leigh!

Diane said...

Really wonderful clouds and light house design.

Hugs Diane

samantha's cards said...

lovely card. I love lighthouses , I need that stamp set.

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!! I LOVE the light house with the clouds. FABULOUS design!!

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful Leigh!!!!

Svitlana Shayevich said...

So pretty!

Audrey Pettit said...

You make the most brilliant cards with this set, Leigh! This is fabulous! Love the clouds and LOVE your inked land and sea!

Heather said...

A fabulous card Leigh, a lovely design with super colours......gorgeous clouds and great lighthouse!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Kara said...

lovely!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Beautiful, love the lighthouse!!

cm said...

Whenever I see you use this set, my face lights up! You create magic with it! I know your friend adored it, as did the person she gave it to!
Hugs~c