Saturday, November 14, 2015

MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge

This coming week, one of my Sunday School girls is having a birthday.
 
I decided to make a card for her using
 
She's one of Sage's closest friends, so I asked Sage's advice on the colours.
She said that Faith loves purple, neon green and aqua.
 
Here's my card:

 
I pieced together three triangular pieces of cardstock and adhered them
to my white panel before diecutting them with a Pretty Pink Posh stitched rectangle die.
Over this, I stamped the sentiment (from MFT's Soda Pop) in versamark
and heat embossed it in white.
 
I inked up some white cardstock with PTI's limeade ice and winter wisteria inks
and diecut them with the MFT Soda Bottles dies.


It's hard to see in my photo, but I ran my aqua mist cardstock through my
diecutting machine with my PTI Simple Stripes impression plate
to add a little texture.
 
I love how it turned out --
it reminds me of a fun poster hung on a wall.

 
Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

Leigh, this is so much fun!

Joyce said...

This is fantastic. Love the colors.

Nora Noll said...

This is adorable. I LOVE the colors and those stamps make me so happy!!

Megan Carroll said...

Love the fun colors! Great card!

Clare said...

Wow, you did an awesome job pairing those colors together! Color combos is where I really struggle, but this card is so fun!

Greta said...

What a fun, festive card for a girl! Bet she'll love this, Leigh!

Lynn said...

Too cute Leigh. Love the fun colors!

Kathy said...

An adorable, fun card for Sage's friend on her birthday. I like the color choice. :)

Jen Mitchell said...

What a fun take on that sketch! I love the bright colors!

Lisa Elton said...

She's going to love her card Leigh, it's so cute!!

Svitlana Shayevich said...

Wow! What a cool card! Great design!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fun and festive birthday card! And all the more special for using your young friend's favorite colors! LOVE this!

Anonymous said...

I love the design! How you did the sentiment, very eye catching!

Deepti said...

Now that's so cool :) love those colors !!!

cm said...

Another sweet gesture! Guaranteed your Sunday school student bubbled with joy when she received this! Sheer delight...
Hugs~c