Thursday, June 02, 2016

CAS(E) This Sketch #175

Today, I have a card to share that I made for
 CAS(E) This Sketch #175 designed by Hannelie Bester:


When I saw this fun sketch, I immediately thought of using my PTI City Scene stamps
to make my card.

 
I started by blending some orange zest ink onto my background panel.
I stamped my City Scene stamps in four different shades of Altenew grey inks
onto their coordinating diecuts.


For my sentiment, I diecut two of the Colour Pop Florals dies from white cardstock.
I blended orange zest ink onto one of them, stacked them together and adhered it to my card.
 
Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, June 9th to link up your card.


Oh, and before you go, I also have a fun card up on the 
Reverse Confetti Blog today for the Confetti Camera series!  
I'd love for you to check it out!  



Thanks for looking!

30 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Once again, you have totally nailed it Leigh!
I love your card and the colors.
I'm going to have to get myself some of these grey inks ;)

Karen B. said...

My new favorite! Great design!

Susi said...

City Scene stamp/die set is perfect for this sketch challenge - you've done a beautiful job with it too!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, I LOVE this, Leigh! The subtle shading behind the buildings is perfection!

Diana K said...

I think this might be one of my most favourites of your cards, ever! So beautifully done, Leigh, with wonderful colour choices.

Brent Scheffer said...

Your city scene is great! I might just do one of my own. Thanks for sharing!

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful take one the sketch...love the city scene design!

karenb said...

This is awesome, Leigh!

Diane Jaquay said...

PERFECT take on the sketch, Leigh, love your card!!!

Jennifer K said...

What a great use of City Scene! Totally going to Pin and CASE this.

Bobby said...

I love the glow behind the skyline, Leigh. Wonderful card!

Jen Carter said...

Love this!!

Lisa Elton said...

Sigh...this is FABulous Leigh, so PRETTY!!

Megan Carroll said...

Seriously LOVE this!! Wow!

Marisa said...

Love it!!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

What lovely card! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Leigh,

This card is lovely. I love this stamp set.

Have a good weekend!
Josiane

I Card Everyone said...

Leigh I adore your city-scape! Brilliant card!
=]

Cris G. said...

Absolutely LOVE this card, Leigh! The coral/orange look so good with the neutral cityscape!

Martha said...

OH, Leigh, this is simply beautiful. I love the pretty colors & your fabulous take on the sketch.

Joyce said...

This is fantastic!

Audrey Pettit said...

Brilliant! You are my idol, Leigh!

maria f. said...

Fresh as orange sherbet! I love that sky glow and what a great idea to use the skyscrapers.

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so fabulous Leigh! I LOVE your take on the sketch.

Jill Norwood said...

Love this!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow....this is one amazing card! Love the way you used City Scene, simply fabulous.

Claire Grantham said...

Love this, such an awesome way to interpret the sketch and to use that City Scene. Cx

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a great take on this sketch! I love the inking!

Fiona said...

Fabulous card - such a great take on the sketch

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Amazing card Leigh - great use of the sketch and I love the ombre sentiment diecut.