Friday, June 03, 2016

The Card Concept #56 {Sweet Tea}

Today, I have a Clean & Layered card to share for


I fell in love with this photo and the idea of adding a flower to a tea cup.


I decided to use my Reverse Confetti goodies to make my card.
I stamped the cup from Caffeinated Cups and then did some masking
to stamp the top of the take out cup as my saucer.
A little more masking and I was able to add one of the flowers from Rose Garden.
I coloured in my cup and saucer with my Zigs and some water and a paintbrush.
I added details to my rose using my Zigs as well.



I was inspired by the gold frame with the writing in it in the background
of the photo, so I created a frame for my teacup by diecutting my
watercolour paper with the largest scalloped circle from
Circles 'n Scallops Confetti Cuts, masking out the circle in the middle
and applying Delicata Golden Glitz ink with my blending tool.
I stamped the sentiment (from Rose Garden) with the Golden Glitz
ink but I stamped off once before stamping each time, so
the effect would be more subtle.
I stamped it once in Wplus9 Ocean Drive, to match the outline of the cup.
A button and twine finishes it off.


 


Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

~amy~ said...

Leigh, this is simply fabulous. I love it.

Karen B. said...

This is cool. You can really see the inspiration. And pretty too!

Diane Jaquay said...

Leigh, this is absolutely precious! Wonderful job with the inspiration photo!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Leigh! Love your take on the inspiration photo!

Julie Gearinger said...

Very pretty!! Love your bloom in your teacup and the colors are so delicate and perfect together! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept :-)

Joyce said...

This is gorgeous, Leigh. Love the rose in the teacup.

Bobby said...

Great card, Leigh. I love the background and frame and the way you colored the cup and flowers.

Lisa Elton said...

This is charming Leigh!

Inkyfingers said...

What a lovely card Leigh and you have perfectly recreated the cup in the inspiration photo - so pretty.

Audrey Pettit said...

Genius masking here, Leigh! I would never think to use the top of the to-go cup as a saucer! SO clever! And SO beautiful! LOVE your background, too!

Celeste Goff said...

You totally nailed it Leigh!

Kay Miller said...

OH how pretty, a cup of rose! ;) You are really clever at how you put things together for your cards!! Love this!

Lilian said...

What a cool background! Great take! And a gorgeous card!
Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Jill Norwood said...

This is so beautiful! Awesome masking!

Karen Davis said...

Wow! Such clever stamping. I love the flower masked into the teacup and the repeat stamping of the sentiment to create a background. A gorgeous card.

Miriam Prantner said...

The rose in the teacup is so sweet!