Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Casometry Challenge 2. Make five: secret final

I've had so much fun playing along with Anna's CASometry Challenge 2. Make 5.
where she challenged us to choose one stamp set and make five cards using it.
You can see my first, second, third and fourth cards that I made 
for the challenge here, using Papertrey Ink's Spring Woods stamp set.

Well, we're in the Final Stage of Anna's Challenge  and there's a secret aspect.
Anna challenged us to choose a card from this Pinterest Board
to CASE to make our card for the final stage.
There were so many fabulous cards that I had a hard time choosing.
In the end, I decided to CASE two cards for the challenge.



Isn't it sweet?
I just love the blue dry brushing Keeway did on her card behind the owl!
I decided to mimic this by using my Papertrey Ink Brushed Off stamp set.


Using my MISTI, I stamped the Brushed Off stamps in PTI's Blueberry Sky.
Then, I used my blending tool to sponge on a bit of Enchanted Evening ink
along the top of the stamps for a faint ombre effect.


I stamped the bird and branch from Spring Woods in black, Blueberry Sky and
in Altenew's Peach Perfect and Arctic.
The sentiment is also from Spring Woods and I stamped it four times in black.

The other card I was inspired to CASE was this one by Vilena Krishna:


Isn't it fun?
I love the colours and the sun rays, so I pulled out my PTI sun beam stencil
and blended ink onto it using PTI's Bright Buttercup.


I stamped the branch in Altenew Velvet and PTI Green Parakeet.
I sponged some Bright Buttercup onto my flower stamps before stamping them.


The bird is stamped in Bright Buttercup, black and Green Parakeet, with
som PTI New Leaf sponged onto the stamp to add a bit of shading.
The sentiment is from Studio Calico's Sending You Sunshine stamp set.

Thanks again to Anna Kossakovskaya for posting such a fun challenge -- 
I had a great time playing along!

Thanks for looking!

SaveSave

15 comments:

Karen B. said...

These are great!

Unknown said...

Leigh, thank you so much for joining my challenge! All your cards are so beautiful, and your CASE cards are great! I alredy used these birds more than five times, but for sure will use them again))

merryf said...

Really lovely !

Marlena M. said...

These cards are beautiful Leigh! I love them both~

Patti said...

Oh Leigh! you did an outstanding job on each of these cards!! What a great challenge!!

Patti

Anonymous said...

WOW fantastic cards , you rocked the challenge!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love both of these, Leigh, they're both so pretty!

Bobby said...

You obviously picked the right stamp set to play along with, Leigh, because you have made so many fantastic cards for the challenge.

Diana K said...

Both of these are absolutely dreamy, Leigh. Love the colours that you used. You slayed the challenge.

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful set & the owl is my favourite :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Great CASEs! I especially love the first one with the painted look that anchors the image.

Audrey Pettit said...

I love a good challenge like this! Wow, your cards are amazing, Leigh!

Laura Dovalo said...

All of your cards are beautiful! And I especislly love how you CASEd the first card... ^_^

K. Joy said...

Both your cards are beautiful, but I especially like your green bird in the sunshine!! Such happy colors! Thanks for sharing!

Аня said...

These beautiful cards ! ) ) And very cute birds ! ) ) )