Saturday, June 25, 2016

Inspired By All The Little Things #21 & Papertrey Ink June Blog Hop

Today, I have two cards to share.

The first one is for Inspired By All the Little Things #21:


I was inspired by the bouquet of flowers on the blue background to make my card.


I really liked how, in the inspiration photo, there were yellow flowers at the top and pink ones at the bottom, so I created my card the same way, using my Wplus9 Freehand Florals stamps and dies.
I did stamp one flower onto my background and then added blue around it using
aqua mist and hawaiian shores pressed onto an acrylic block, water and a paintbrush.


 I stamped my sentiment using a stamp from PTI's Winter Woods. 

Visit Inspired By All the Little Things to see the rest of the DT's takes 
on the inspiration photo and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, June 30th to link up your card.

And my second card is for the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop.

Our challenge was to use this beautiful photo as inspiration:


Isn't it fabulous?
I was inspired to use my Floral Sketches stamp set to create my card.


I started by stamping my flower and the "Have" sentiment (from the Inspired: Faith
stamp set) in versamark onto a piece of watercolour paper
and then heat embossing them in white.
I inked up the coordinating solid images in different colours
and spritzed them with water before stamping them.
With a paintbrush, ink pressed onto my acrylic block and water, I added
the blue for the background.
I also flicked some of the watered-down ink onto my card.


I diecut the Faith die twice from white cardstock, stacked them
together and adhered them to my card.

Thanks for looking! 
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

36 comments:

Lynn said...

Two beauties Leigh. Love the softness of blue behind the flowers in the first and the water colors in the second are stunning.

Vicki Finger said...

These are both gorgeous!

Kathryn A said...

Wonderful cards, Leigh! Both cards capture the colours in the inspiration photos beautifully, and I love the watercoloured touches.

Rosemary said...

both cards are so pretty!!

DIANA L. said...

Both cards are so pretty I love them both great take on the photo inspiration.

Tonya said...

These are both so pretty Leigh!

Inkyfingers said...

Lovely cards Leigh and I particularly love the soft colours and white embossing in the second one - so pretty.

Julia Aston said...

Two very pretty and inspired designs for both challenges!

Betty Wright said...

Both are beautiful, Leigh! Love the colors on the first and the white embossing on the second! Great designs!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Gorgeous cards Leigh!

Skrater said...

Oh these are so pretty. I love to see all the cards people make for the PTI hop, makes me want to make more than one!!!

Marcia Hill said...

Two gorgeous cards Leigh! Love the pinks and yellows in your first card...SOOO pretty!! Totally in love with your 2nd card as it really does capture the feeling of the inspiration photo! Love the colors you used and the whole water colored look! Lovely, lovely cards!! :0)

Nora Noll said...

What beautiful cards!! LOVE how you captured the spirit of the photo in the first card. I want to be in that photo and your card is stunning. Really like your whimsical stamping on the second. You rocked these challenges!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh both of your cards are so pretty! Love how you were inspired this week by Inspired by and your PTI card turned out so cool with spritzing your stamps!

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous cards, Leigh! The first one is so lovely & fresh and the second one really captures the watery feel of the inspiration piece!

*Vicki* said...

Wow!! These are both gorgeous creations! Love the colors on both! :) HUGS

Pam said...

Stunning cards! Love them.

Kathy Mc said...

Leigh, both of these are just gorgeous and spot on for your inspirations!

karen h said...

Both are wonderful cards!

Sue said...

Two very pretty cards. I love the bright pinks and yellows against the light blue. Your card for the PTI blog is great. I love your take on the inspiration photo

Betty Neville said...

Two beautiful cards! Love those beautiful roses on your first card, and you did a great job with the watercolored look on your second card!

Karen B. said...

Both of these cards are so pretty!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful floral cards Leigh!!

Carmela said...

Very pretty flowers on your card. All the colors blend so well.

Martha said...

Leigh, your cards are simply lovely.

Bobby said...

I love your bouquet, Leigh, and your take on the PTI photo is amazing. So much to work with there and you pulled it off.

Audrey Pettit said...

Love them! Your floral cards are always SO amazing!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards, Miss Lady!!

Teddra said...

So soft and colorful. Beautiful!

Colleen said...

Both cards are stunning Leigh!!

Joyce said...

These are both stunning, Leigh.

A Crafty Person said...

Gorgeous PTI blog hop challenge card I like how the flowers stand out against the lovely pale blue/green background.

Kelly Szafron said...

Lovely cards, I always look for your cards in the PTI blog hop gallery.

Greta said...

2 really lovely cards, Leigh!

KimCreate said...

I love your clean and simple "Inspired by" card and the other is pretty too!

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous cards, Leigh! Love them both!