Friday, June 10, 2016

Five for Friday

1. I thought I'd start off my Five for Friday post today with a photo
I took of Sage the other day.
She was home from getting her hair done and looked so pretty
I just had to take her picture. :)


She is such a gem.
I spotted this shirt online a few weeks ago and I had to buy it for her,
because it's just so true. ;)


2. Austin got a new job this week.
His hours as a dishwasher at the restaurant where he's been working
had dwindled to nothing, because they just weren't busy enough.
So he sent out a bunch of resumes and I did a lot of praying.
He had two interviews at our local Co-op grocery store
and we were so hopeful.... but then he didn't get the job.
He had a great attitude about it, trusting that God would provide.
Well, on Saturday, we spent the day in Winnipeg and came home
to a phone call from the person in charge of hiring who said
she had news about the position.
Long story short (too late!), he got the job!


Sorry for the blurry photo -- I took it with my phone.
He's working in the deli at the grocery store -- and I'm very excited for him!


3. Have I mentioned that my mom is turning 80 at the end of this month?
Well, she is, and to celebrate, my brothers and their families are coming for a visit.
I'm very excited about seeing them and their visit had spurred me into action.
I've been tackling projects that were needing to get done
and their upcoming visit is wonderful motivation!
On Tuesday, I cleaned my kitchen from top to bottom
and restained our deck.
Oh, and our front door needed repainting, so I decided to change
the red to aqua.


I just love it!
I have this as an accent colour in my living room and dining room.
My bedroom is painted a similar colour, as well as our bathroom, Sage's room
and my craft area, so I just feel it ties everything together.


4. On Sunday, Sage, Jonah & I went to the Winkler Bible Camp
to take part in their family fun day (Cameron joined us for the BBQ supper.)




5.  And lastly, I have a card to share that I made using PTI's Spring Woods


I started by watercoloring my background using some PTI Hawaiian Shores
ink pressed onto my acrylic block, water and a paintbrush.
I diecut the Spring Woods bird and branch and stamped them
in aqua mist, soft stone, hawaiian shores, & Altenew Evening Gray.


I was inspired by Kay Miller to stamp my branches and leaves in grey. 


 I diecut the PTI Big Basics: Birthday Wishes die from vintage cream cardstock
twice and stacked them together.
I tried to add some shadows for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: 
Shadowing with Copic Markers, but I used a Zig Marker instead.
This tuned out not so great, but I liked my watercolored panel and didn't 
feel like starting over, so I went over my Zig marks with a paintbrush dipped in 
water to give my shadows more of a watercolored effect.

I inspired for the colours in my card by this week's ColourQ Challenge #345
(even though I was going my memory for the colours):


Thanks for looking!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

25 comments:

Karen B. said...

Beautiful and soft card.

Nancy Penir said...

Beautiful, Leigh. Sweet soft shadowing on your sentiment. Congrats on your son's new job! Can't believe how Sage is growing before our eyes. She's so lovely! Completely love your 'proud mama' posts!

Jenni's Jems said...

Beautiful Leigh love the colours!and enjoyed reading your blog and well done to your son for getting the job!x

*Vicki* said...

Such a soft and pretty card design!! Love that bird with the wash in the background! Great photos of the kiddos!! :)

!neke said...

beautiful pictures, beautiful card !!!!!!

maria f. said...

Such a fun and informative post! Happy Friday. I love your watercolored take on the MIM. Love those colors.

Kelly said...

Beautiful card and congratulations to your son and his new job.

Kay Miller said...

Sage is so pretty in her new shirt! One of my favorite colors :) Congratulations to your son on his new job and happy birthday to your Mom! Love your door color too! Stunning stunning card!!

K. Joy said...

This is a very pretty, soothing birthday card. :) I love the watercoloring in the background, and the bird, too! Thanks for sharing!

Happy Dance said...

Happy Birthday to your mom, and it looks like you've got everything all set for visitors. That door looks amazing! Love that soft aqua color. Your kids are growing so fast...you turn your back for a second and they're all grown up. Where does the time go? And your card is gorgeous. The sentiment is wonderful, and I love the watercolored background you've created. Really lovely. Bev

Joyce said...

Love the update on your family. And, your ColourQ card is really beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along this week.

Kathy Mc said...

Great post, Leigh, and awesome picture of Sage. That fuchsia top is the perfect color for her. Fun, family events also. Your Spring Woods birthday card is great. I think I "need" that stamp set and dies. Who makes the woodgrain stencil you used? Have a great weekend!

Megan Carroll said...

Great post Leigh, I love hearing about your family!! Lovely card too!!

Rosemary said...

really lovely card!

Lisa Elton said...

So many wonderful things happening in your family Leigh!! Love the new color of your front door and I see you carried it over to your PRETTY card!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oops, forgot to thank you for joining us at ColourQ!

Unknown said...

Another amazing card by you, dear! So soft and light!

Lindsey said...

Leigh, your card is lovely, Sage is beautiful (love the saying on the shirt you got for her), so happy for Austin (isn't it wonderful that prayers truly, are answered), and I love you door...loved it on instagram, love it even more now that I can see it big. :) How fun that your whole family will be coming to celebrate. Your post has filled me with lots of happy.

Marcia Hill said...

I think your card is absolutely lovely Leigh, including the beautiful water colored shadowing on your sentiment!! And love the family pictures too...what a beautiful family you have! And I really like your aqua door too!! :0)

lainey said...

What a sweet looking card! And your children are getting so big!

Celeste Goff said...

What a beautiful card! I love your take on the color combo!

Jeanne J. said...

Great post and a wonderful peek into your world! You are very blessed - talented and a beautiful family!

Kim S said...

LOVE your card - and love all of the pictures and stories leading up to it!

Marisa said...

Now that is a milestone birthday :) Happy Birthday to your mom!! Love the pictures and stories behind them and your card is fabulous :)

Bobby said...

Always lots going on in the Penner household, including great cardmaking.